Game crashes with no error message

by daisyyness

Original Post

Game crashes with no error message

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, get famous, discover university, seasons, get together, get to work, strangerville, parenthood, realm of magic, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know because there was no error message, it just freezes for a second and crashes, straight to desktop
What happens when the bug occurs? My game just crashes, no error message whatsoever, just straight to desktop, after a minute or two of gameplay
What do you expect to see? My sims get back from work, the game freezes and crashes. Sometimes their torso is missing. I have deleted all outdated mods and cc
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the sept 3rd 2020 Star Wars update patch

Game crashes without any error messages, straight to desktop, even origin just closes after a minute or two of gameplay. This happened right after the September 3rd patch update. I have deleted all outdated mods and cc. 

Message 1 of 13 (1,666 Views)

Re: Game crashes with no error message

★★ Expert
@daisyyness--can you try repairing your game through Origin and then test with no mods at all, see if you still crash?
Message 2 of 13 (1,660 Views)

★ Guide

I just had the same. No message, game was running, Origin was still running but closed right after the game closed. I'm doing the full repair through Origin now. Hope that helps. 

Did not take all CC out yet. I have no mods installed. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,624 Views)

Hero
@daisyyness Could you please test without mods. there's a known adult mod that makes the game crash.

It's been update so get the new version.

@Lavendela91 Could you try without cc and see if it persists ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,606 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tested without mods accept the MCCC of course. I still get an error massage via MCCC and the crash without a error massage after several minutes.

If I start a new savegame the error is not listed anymore. The broken savegame was saved before the newest update. I remember that my last savegame also was broken after an update.

Ich hab wirklich alle mods bis auf den MCCC rausgetan und einzeln wieder rein. Der Fehler kommt auch ohne Mods und ist bei einem neuen Spielstand mit neuer Welt nicht mehr vorhanden.

Mein alter Spielstand wurde vor dem patch/update erstellt und macht seitdem abstürze und bringt Fehlermeldungen. Mit einem alten Spielstand war es ebenso. Nachdem ein patch/update kam, war der Spielstand nicht mehr zu gebrauchen.

1. Cache hab ich geleert

2. Lastexception files alle rausgelöscht

3. Spiel über Origin repariert

Message 5 of 13 (1,590 Views)

Hero
@azzura089 Did you install the hotfix for MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,500 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @azzura089 when posting on the English AHQ boards we would ask that you please post in English only.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 13 (1,493 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I have mccc version 7.3.2 with the hotfix for the september 3 Sims 4 update installed.

Message 8 of 13 (1,490 Views)

Hero

Could you please post the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For any lastCrash files, either create a rar file and upload that or copy/paste the content of the file to a post inside spoiler tags (the icon next to the strike-through) 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (1,487 Views)

★ Guide
I played the game after the repair yesterday and I didn't have any complications. I hope that I won't have any in the future. If so, I will delete all CC. For now it seemed to work.
P.S. I do have a software problem with my wifi adapter, so maybe that interferes with things. I'm going to buy a new one and hope that fixes it.
Message 10 of 13 (1,430 Views)