Re: Game crashes to desktop when splitting household in the sims 4

by chrolka

Original Post

Game crashes to desktop when splitting household in the sims 4

★★ Apprentice

I have a problem with splitting a household in my game. I did not find it on the list of reported bugs, so I'm writing a new question. Whenever I want to move a child from another family to my family through "manage households", after splitting the household (so that the avatar of the child appears in the desired family) and pressing the tick on the buttom of the window, my game just crashes to the desktop. When I start the game again, the family is not split and the process is the same when I try to do it again. I have no CC and I used to successfully perform the split household option before, but I cannot trace that bug to any particular patch.

I REALLY don't want to reinstall my game as I have been playing this one family since September and I want to continue the same legacy. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Message 1 of 8 (1,156 Views)

Hero

@chrolka Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Please either use pastebin.com and put the link here or use spoiler tags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,141 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply Standard smile Here's a link to my info: http://pastebin.com/p2wxH8rq

Message 3 of 8 (1,130 Views)

Hero

Looks like you have a dual graphics card system. Make sure the game runs on the card: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

Also you're running low on disc space. Try freeing up some space.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,128 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alas! My computer does not handle it well. I used to game with my powerful graphics card, but the laptop would overheat and turn itself off after 20 minutes or so... Frown now I'm only using the default one. I have just tried with NVIDIA and it did not work. I will try to free up some space later and I will inform you if it yields any results.

Message 5 of 8 (1,123 Views)

Hero

Also make sure your fans are free of dust and spinning freely

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am also having this exact issue and I do not have a space issue.  Also, my graphics card has not changed since I purchased the game and originally splitting the household worked.  Is there anything else to try?

Message 7 of 8 (1,102 Views)

Hero
Did you try all the suggestions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Sims-4-Crashes/td-p/3586547/ If so, could you provide all the info asked there. Just answer the questions in a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,097 Views)