Re: Game crashes to desktop when loading home world

by Threo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes to desktop when loading home world

★★ Novice

Allright, I've been searching for a solution for my problem during yesterday and around 5 hours today. 

Problem:

I have a family in Lucky Palms, which I have been playing for a while. I bought the World Adventure and sent a couple of members (parents and teenager) to France. 

The visit to France has been non-problematic and the game runs smooth. I had them there for 3 days.

Right now the game is saved at the last 10 sim-minutes before their vacation ends. When it is time to return home, the game goes to loading screen and the bar fills upp a bit before it all crashes and I get sent back to the desktop. No error-message, no notifications. I just get "kicked out" of the game.

What I have been trying to solve my problem:

- Delete cache from different folders

- Game factory reset

- uninstall and reinstall the whole game and packs

- set down all graphic settings to minimum, deleted inventory for all sims (also went offline in game, ea-app and computer for this soloution)

- saved in "save as" and created different saves for the same game

I did a check to see if I could load the other vacation-spots and the university in edit town-mode, and that went fine. However, I could not load Lucky Palms. The same issue would occur - the game crashes after loading a bit and I get sent back to desktop. So... I'm not that experienced with computers, but I believe that something is wrong with my Lucky Palms save and that's why the game will not load that town in particular.

Right now I have only Lucky Palms installed as CC. The packs I have in use are World Adventures, Late Night, University, Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, Seasons, Master Suite Stuff and Town Life stuff.

My computer is up to date, it is below one year old and I have windows 11 on it.

x-64  based PC

Asus

Graphic: GeForce GTX 1650, NVIDIA-Compatable

The graphic-card is also up to date.

Right now I just want my family to get home. I don't really care if the trip to France is saved or not, I just don't want to lose my progress since I grown quite fond of my sims. So if there is a solution to get them home, I'd be happy. If that really doesn't work, I would gladly recieve instructions on how to get back to the game before they left. Right now I cannot really do anything (as save the family to the folder) with them except wait until theír time in France runs out. 

If more information requiers, please let me know..

Message 1 of 3 (305 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Threo  Please try loading a new save in Lucky Palms just to confirm that the world does in fact load normally.  If it doesn't, stop here and let me know.

Otherwise, I'd suggest adding a few mods, specifically NRaas ErrorTrap, Overwatch, MasterController, Traveler, and Register.  ET and OW clean up corrupt data and other errors in the background; Register governs, and fixes, if necessary, role assignments; and Traveler replaces the EA travel transition with its own, more stable version.  All of these do their work in the background, with no need for user input.  MC doesn't do anything at all unless you use it to issue a command.

Once you install these mods, delete the five cache files in your user folder before loading the game (again, if you have already).  And empty out the CurrentGame folder as well; this should always be empty unless you have a save loaded.  For reference, the cache files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Load your save and see if the sims can get home.  If not, delete the cache files and clear out CurrentGame again, then reload the save, and this time, run an MC town reset in France.  (Wait until the game clock has run for two or three sim-minutes.)  Click on the map tag for the base camp and select NRaas > MC > Town > Reset Everything.  This may take a couple minutes to run, depending on a few different factors.  Once it's finished, you'll get a notification, at which point you can let the game clock keep running until your sims are sent home.

If this doesn't work either, and you're comfortable sharing the save, I'd be willing to try fixing it myself.  Just upload the folder for this particular save to the third-party filehosting site of your choice (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and either post the link here or send it to me via private message.

If you'd rather not share the save, I'd definitely try the travel transition a few times—it's possible it'll work for you on the second or third try.  If that doesn't work either, there are a couple more approaches you can try as well, but those would result in the save reverting to before the sims traveled at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

All Replies

@Threo  Please try loading a new save in Lucky Palms just to confirm that the world does in fact load normally.  If it doesn't, stop here and let me know.

Otherwise, I'd suggest adding a few mods, specifically NRaas ErrorTrap, Overwatch, MasterController, Traveler, and Register.  ET and OW clean up corrupt data and other errors in the background; Register governs, and fixes, if necessary, role assignments; and Traveler replaces the EA travel transition with its own, more stable version.  All of these do their work in the background, with no need for user input.  MC doesn't do anything at all unless you use it to issue a command.

Once you install these mods, delete the five cache files in your user folder before loading the game (again, if you have already).  And empty out the CurrentGame folder as well; this should always be empty unless you have a save loaded.  For reference, the cache files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Load your save and see if the sims can get home.  If not, delete the cache files and clear out CurrentGame again, then reload the save, and this time, run an MC town reset in France.  (Wait until the game clock has run for two or three sim-minutes.)  Click on the map tag for the base camp and select NRaas > MC > Town > Reset Everything.  This may take a couple minutes to run, depending on a few different factors.  Once it's finished, you'll get a notification, at which point you can let the game clock keep running until your sims are sent home.

If this doesn't work either, and you're comfortable sharing the save, I'd be willing to try fixing it myself.  Just upload the folder for this particular save to the third-party filehosting site of your choice (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and either post the link here or send it to me via private message.

If you'd rather not share the save, I'd definitely try the travel transition a few times—it's possible it'll work for you on the second or third try.  If that doesn't work either, there are a couple more approaches you can try as well, but those would result in the save reverting to before the sims traveled at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (276 Views)

★★ Novice

Downloading the mods you mentioned did the trick. 

Thank you for taking your time. My family went home safely and I got my sims back.

Message 3 of 3 (260 Views)