Re: Game crashes on save (if played for a while)

by burin077

Original Post

Hero

How big are your files ?

They are in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 23 (1,459 Views)

★ Guide

I know this is old but has there ever been a solution to this?  I am experiencing this in one of my saves.

Message 12 of 23 (1,151 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I am experiencing the same as well, it seems rather consistent now on multiple lots.

Message 13 of 23 (1,146 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

I have the same problem. The only issue that i found to save my game without crashing is to use "Save as" and not "Save".

but the game crash when i want to move in another place in the game.

My save file is 48 Mo.

The issue would be an option in the game to desactivate the automatic save.

Message 14 of 23 (1,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having these same issues. I have also tried everything that the OP has tried. I've also tried playing my game on a clean boot. At one point, I thought that playing on a clean boot would allow me to play for hours on in like I was able to when TS4 first came out. But after while...it started acting up again. Now I'm having the issue of my game crashing while saving, crashing while traveling or trying to travel, I can't go into CAS and return to game without it taking forever to return back to my game. My game has become unplayable and it's very annoying.

I have also tried uninstalling Origin and reinstalling but that only helped me to repair my game (because Origin was corrupted and didn't allow me to repair my game) I have tried EVERYTHING! and nothing is working! We need a fix. TS4 has been out for a little over a year now and we still can't play our games without any problems. The only time we should come across an issue is when there is a glitch, that could normally be fixed by modders and CC/Mods that we decide to use in our games...coding and etc should have been fixed and figured out before TS4 was even released. So much for having a game that would run on old systems...Smh imagine how those Simmers feel. Because if we can't even play the game on high end PC's then I'm sure that the original TS4 disc is all an older computer has ran.

Message 15 of 23 (1,042 Views)

@ILoveSims3355

Unfortunately there is no fix at the moment for the save bloat. It did appear to be fixed but users are reporting problems again. Would you like me to test your save and see how much RAM it's guzzling?

You could also have a look at this thread and post in it - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/791146/save-size-suddenly-bloating-post-here

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 16 of 23 (1,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have this problem also. You've stated it so much more eloquently than I have. It blows my mind that EA is churning out superfluous fixes like fruitcake working properly, while a game-ending issue has been going on since last year. Last Year!  

I'm the type to buy everything I can afford when it's released.  I've been a die-hard fan since The Sims 1.  Every computer I've purchased since then, I've chosen specifically in order to play The Sims. As you can see I'm still not giving up on a fix. But I will not spend another dime until it is fixed. It makes no sense that I can't play the game for more than 10 min. without it crashing.

Message 17 of 23 (998 Views)

★ Apprentice

I guess I am still having this problem too. I didn't know what was causing it, but I am having all of these issues mentioned above. Bloated save file (my main save file, played and "saved as" since I got the game, is 62MB), which seemed to balloon significantly around July of 2015 when it went from 9MB to 43MB and grew from there. I didn't know about the bloat thing back then, I just thought it happened because I added too many new sims or lots or something.

Now I can usually save once, and then it gets dodgy after that. Sometimes the crashes happen after only 5 minutes of playing, or sometimes it's 3 hours or not at all (it's a pretty rare day that it doesn't happen at all though). The crashes also happen when trying to use the manage households menu, too. I've cleared my cache files and all the other suggestions. I guess there's no fix for this, other than to start a fresh game and move all of the sims over? I would have 30 played households to move, all of whom would probably lose friendships and extended family links? That doesn't sound ideal. 

My computer is new and well equipped to run Sims 4, by the way. My game when playing my main save file usually uses around 1.5-2GB of my available 24GB of RAM. 

Message 18 of 23 (973 Views)

Hero

Hi @pixiejuice

do you still have that save before it bloated ? Would be great if you could upload both your bloated and before bloated save game for the devs to look at.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 23 (970 Views)

★ Apprentice

I still have all of my saves. Does it matter that I use a ton of CC? I guess most of the sims in these saves will show up bald, lol!

What files exactly do they need? Just the .save file? Not the backup versions? 

Message 20 of 23 (967 Views)