Game crashes again

by viviserious

Original Post

Game crashes again

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & dogs, University, Get Famous, Get to work, Seasons, Holiday Celebration Pack, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play until the game crashes, for me it take around 2-5 mins
What happens when the bug occurs? Game closes without any information
What do you expect to see? Game working as it should, without any bugs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after the last update, then it worked properly for 2 days and today it's crashing again

After the last problem game worked perfectly for almost 2 days and it crashes again. I reinstall Origin, tried to restart game several times. It closes without any information every time, just like couple of days ago.

Message 1 of 7 (356 Views)

Re: Game crashes again

Hero

Hi @viviserious 

moving your post to tech for troubleshooting

Could you please post the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For any lastCrash files, either create a rar file and upload that or copy/paste the content of the file to a post inside spoiler tags (the icon next to the strike-through)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello @crinrict 

I attached documents.

Message 3 of 7 (336 Views)

@viviserious  Please clear Origin's cache, then repair the game: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, it might be useful to see a crash dump from one of the crashes.  The Sims 4 errors in your dxdiag are clear on the type of error but not on the cause.  Here's how to get a crash dump:

• Hit the Windows key, type "command prompt" in the box, right-click on Command Prompt in the search results, and select Run as Administrator
  • In the window, paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" without the outside quotes into the box, and enter
  • Launch Sims 4 and let it crash, however long that takes
  • After it crashes, wait for any crash dialogs to finish
  • Then hit Windows key-R and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" without quotes into the box, and enter
  • Upload the last .dmp file to a free filehosting site, and link it here
  • When you want to undo the auto crash log dumps, open Command Prompt as before, paste "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" without the outside quotes, and enter.
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (307 Views)

★★ Novice

It looks like it helped and the game is working, thank you for tips.

Message 5 of 7 (292 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello @puzzlezaddict,

unfortunately games still crashes. Yesterday it went throught the moment when it was stopping all the time, but today it crashes again, just little bit later. I noticed it only happens when I speed the time in the game e.g. when Sim is sleeping or working, then I speed time and after a moment clock stoppes and game crashes. Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Message 6 of 7 (262 Views)

@viviserious  I'd still like to see a crash dump.  You can enable it, play normally, and just wait for the game to crash.

And please attach a new dxdiag as well.  I didn't download your old one, and I don't remember all of what was in it, mostly just the errors themselves.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (246 Views)