Game crashes after trying to travel, witch loses her progress and inventory item

by andreamalvaiz

Original Post

Game crashes after trying to travel, witch loses her progress and inventory item

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Traveling from glimmerbrook or the magic realm to anywhere. Game crashes to world menu. Loaded in witch's household, her magical progress goes back to beginner and her inventory is empty.
What happens when the bug occurs? I tried to travel to the bar in glimmerbrook from the magic realm via phone, the game crashed to the world menu. When I tried to click on her household to put me back to playing her, it crashed again. Did that 4 times. Today I got to her household, and shes at home. Only her magical progress had been lost. Along with her point, and her inventory is empty.
What do you expect to see? Her to be able to travel without issue, and her process should be about an Acolyte level. I'm not sure how many spells she knew, but I had been spamming the sages. I had 2 wands, 3 brooms, 2 familars, 6 cystals, and like 3 books.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I removed my mods, and only left reshade.

I've had other bugs, but this is my main issues. I can't play either way.

Either the game crashes from travel or my progress disappears. 

I appreciate the help.

Message 1 of 2 (236 Views)

Re: Game crashes after trying to travel, witch loses her progress and inventory

Hero

Hi @andreamalvaiz 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

You say you were sent back to the world menu. Did a error appear ?

Does the same happen on a fresh save that never saw any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (205 Views)