Game crashes - San Myshuno Brindleton Bay and Forgotten Hollow

by rsanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes - San Myshuno Brindleton Bay and Forgotten Hollow

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My game keeps crashing when I go to load San Myshuno. I just bought Seasons, Get Famous, Pet Stuff Pack and Jungle Adventure Game Pack. This is the first time I've gone to play in several months.. Usually I have a good bit of CC and mods, but it was still toggled off because patches and new games. Either way, I took it all out and tried again. Still nothing. I tried a brand new save game (with a Sim from the gallery because lazy) and it still crashed. I started a fresh Sims 4 folder, and it still crashed when loading San Myshuno.

Out of curiousity I tried again - new save, no CC, etc. San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay crash. Forgotten Hollow freezes, leaving the screen white. I can actually still interact with the menu and click back to the main menu (exit, save, etc.), but the world never loads.

I have a Windows and purchased all of my games through Origin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Well - somehow I had several of the expansions and game packs mysteriously get uninstalled or something. The game showed them as being installed but Origin did not. I downloaded them again then repaired the game and it's all working now. What's odder is that some of the expansion packs Origin said weren't installed - their worlds loaded just fine in the game. So I've no idea what happened or how, but that fixed it if someone else ever encounters this issue.

Message 1 of 2 (899 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes - San Myshuno Brindleton Bay and Forgotten Hollow

Hero

@rsanna wrote:

EDIT: Well - somehow I had several of the expansions and game packs mysteriously get uninstalled or something. The game showed them as being installed but Origin did not. I downloaded them again then repaired the game and it's all working now. What's odder is that some of the expansion packs Origin said weren't installed - their worlds loaded just fine in the game. So I've no idea what happened or how, but that fixed it if someone else ever encounters this issue.

(quoting solution so this can be marked as solution)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (862 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game crashes - San Myshuno Brindleton Bay and Forgotten Hollow

Hero

@rsanna wrote:

(quoting solution so this can be marked as solution)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (863 Views)