Re: Game crash on saving.

by cowntessa

Original Post

★★ Guide

I also had this problem. It only happens when it's snowing out.

Message 11 of 21 (2,452 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It worked for me as well. I hadn't played since early January because of it! Thank you so much crinrict!

Message 12 of 21 (2,282 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem, too... it either crashes on save (even though I uninstalled Seasons last month because it kept randomly crashing) or it'll "save" for HOURS (overnight) and I eventually have to power off my Mac to get it to stop.

Message 13 of 21 (2,237 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This happens to me but i got it to stop every 10 minutes go straight to edit town and dont move your screen or anything untill its completly 0 lag as in nothings blurry and the cars move fine and then hit the save button and wait. If it bugs out then go to your finder and re-install the sims 3 now this is no joke if your game keeps doing this your computer will get over welmed and could break down but it would take awhile, but bye the way sims 2 will create 56.2% of the lag on the sims 3 so that just might be it.

Well i hope this works, Bya!

Message 14 of 21 (2,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I JUST spent 3 1/2 hours building two lots while I was University. I had already disabled winter, snow and hail. So that wasn't the issue. It is so frustrating when this happens, that's 3 1/2 hours I cant get back and now I will have to build those locations all over again? HOLY CRAP!!! and those places were so beautiful. I even tried playing the game after building before saving. I was able to get my student to go on a date to one of the locations and they were able to go and start enjoying themselves. so I get them to go steady and decide maybe I've played enough to try to save and here we go. I get closed out. Please help. I'm at my wits end. Its already bad enough I downloaded two dorms from the exchange and cant seem to incorporate them into the game. Now I cant build and that's one of the main things I love about the game. Any suggestions besides the disable snow cheat, because that is not the reason.

Confusedmileymad:Confusedmileysad:

Message 15 of 21 (2,026 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I was having the same problem and worked out that it was the world that I was playing in. I was trying to play in "Hidden Springs", so now I don't play in that world and it works fine and hasn't crashed since. I worked out that I had downloaded Hidden Springs and Seasons about the same time, and had all sorts of issues that turns out was nothing to do with seasons. Maybe if you test a different town, one of the originals like Riverview, try to build a house (just try a box with a roof and try saving it). Hope it works Frown

Message 16 of 21 (2,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this, getting rid of the snow and such, but it didn't work for me. I deleted my character's house to start from scratch and built the framework and added a roof (didn't put any furniture in or anything). Still crashed while saving, even without snow on the ground Frown

Message 17 of 21 (1,942 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm actually having the 'crash on second floor build up' problem. I tried the suggested fix and it's still not working. My season is set to only summer with NO effects (hail/snow/fog/rain) and i'm in hidden springs.

Message 18 of 21 (1,862 Views)

★ Novice
OMG this is like me. Its snowy in simLand and crashes when I clicked to build after a whole 10hrs of unsaved gaming.. Next day I tried again same thing. No error code just saving saving saving. Changed/turnt off the weather just logged into the game clicked save on edit town as it wanted to upload new lots to my town, my latest game which I got as a gift for my birthday the sims supernatural, and it crashed saving saving saving. My task manager said that the program was working fine but saving for over 10minutes with no error code and no sign if its working or not is not cool! I'm so angry and upset, time and money into this game to just be wasted. This seasons has been around for so long apparently so has this glitche so why is there no genuine soluion. So we don't have to constantly edit the weather or just can't even save it still when we do?! Is their a new patch to prevent this? Can we get a refund on games that don't work? This sucks big time!!! Can't play my new game or even enjoy the expansion packs like seasons along with the game to get the full fun of it?! Any solutions? Please help?!?!
Message 19 of 21 (1,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you find a fix for this?

Message 20 of 21 (925 Views)