Re: Game crash on loading saved games

by AgentBumblebee81

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks everyone for your reports and sharing more details. We are currently looking into this. If you have tested without mods or CC in your 'Mods' folder and it's still crashing for you when you press 'play' in the main menu, please, join this thread as we are going to be using it for this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BG-June-3-Patch-crash/m-p/9167748#U9167748
No need to post if you don't have more info to share, but clicking 'Me too' will be helpful for us to know how extended this issue is and subscribing to the thread will allow you to receive notifications from it.

If you haven't tested without mods yet, please, give that a go as it's important. Mods related incompatibilities with the new patch can cause crashes as well - you won't know where the issue is coming from if you don't give it a try.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 20 (802 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no mods at all and I have the same problem. Can start a new game, but that's not the point when I am on a multi generation game. I am really not happy. This issue had better be fixed soon.

Message 12 of 20 (759 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai No. The older saved games (Tried several - all different households) None will load irrespective of whether the mods/scripts are enabled or not. The new Vanilla game created after the update loads with or without the mods active even though I have gone back and modded that household/lot

Message 13 of 20 (750 Views)

★ Guide

This issue is happening with me. I have had this save file since inception of sims 4 and now it's crashing upon loading please tell me I haven't lost my save file Frown

Message 14 of 20 (706 Views)

★ Novice

Well I have tried different solutions and nothing worked. Here is what I have done so far:

Removed the few mods I had, Re-installed the game, did a clean boot of my pc, froze everything that isn't nessecary for the computer to run with, started it in safe mode with networking.

Nothing of if worked.

When I instead start a new game (mods or no mods, doen't matter) it works just fine. 

Sending a file that contains all the errors and dxdiag combined. Maybe it will help for you people that are working on the problem.

Message 15 of 20 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same trouble, tried with or without mods/CC. 

tried to repair the game.

taking in and out screenshots and tray. Making it make an entirely new Sims 4 folder. 

I can't make it load an old saved game. but making a new is fine for some reason. 

hope it can get fixed and we can play soon again Standard smile 

Message 16 of 20 (629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry I can't seem to find a way to post here.  But I am.also having the same issue that people are talking about. I have no mods or cc. I played the game this morning. Took a break and closed I knew the patch was coming. When I came back and fuss patch my game crashes. No loading anything! Not a new game nor old saves. 

Message 17 of 20 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue with my game! It worked fine before the update and now it crashes every time on the loading screen I open a save. I don't have any CC or mods which could interfere either 

Message 18 of 20 (599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my game updated automatically and i was downloading new CC. I opened the game and loaded a new save to test the cc and it worked perfectly. After I tried opening one of my old save files to actually play the game and it kept on crashing. I removed all my CC and deleted my cache and started my game WITH NO MODS and it still crashed my old save files but the new one I created after the update worked perfectly fine.

Message 19 of 20 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also having an issue since the patch. Most of my saves will load, but not my main save. The one I've spent the most hours playing, have my favorite sims, best builds etc.

Message 20 of 20 (522 Views)