Game crash, doesnt respond after a minute of gameplay.

by Juri3D

Original Post

Game crash, doesnt respond after a minute of gameplay.

★★ Novice

Game crash, doesnt respond after a minute of gameplay. I just got the game yesterday.

Tried to delete the Origin folder except for one folder, still doesnt work.

I dont use any mods, only the free dlcs.

Message 1 of 5 (329 Views)

Re: Game crash, doesnt respond after a minute of gameplay.

★★★★ Novice

backup ur folder 

del the old one 

rerun game 

if it runs smooth its ur dlc dlc can mess with ur game aswell

Message 2 of 5 (309 Views)

@Juri3D  What drive is Sims 4 installed on?  Your O drive is completely full, so if any game data is stored there, or anything related to Origin, that could account for the issue.  Your C drive is starting to get a bit low on space as well, although it shouldn't be causing an issue right now.

If that's not the problem, try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The O drive is not used for anything else then storage. C is okay, I keep it to about 15 gb free. I already repaired the games many times.

The Sims 4 was installed on C.

Thank you for trying to help!

Message 4 of 5 (272 Views)

@Juri3D  I meant to mention it before, but if you can't delete an Origin cache folder because it's in use, go through the Task Manager's background processes list and kill any task with the Origin logo.  There are a couple of processes that don't shut down when Origin does.  I'm not sure that your issue is Origin's cache though.

Just because it's an easy step, try disabling the Origin in-game overlay: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of the Nvidia graphics driver.  One type of error listed in your dxdiag is most often related to the GPU driver.  Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300

Get a clean copy of the newest Nvidia driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/166630/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode.  Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again, go back online, and see whether the game works normally.  If not, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (259 Views)