Game controll options become unable to click on

by SarahsShady77

Original Post

Game controll options become unable to click on

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for more ten 10 mins. Most the time it occurs after traveling or using build/buy mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Im unable to click anything in game. nothing works. I can't save, exit or command my sims to do anything.
What do you expect to see? Icons on top right of screen are gone and nothing is clickable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help me. Is a mod doing this to anyone elses game? Sometimes when rolling over a sims stats it's empty. Most the time the whole game is just unplayable and I can't click on anything. Cannot exit or save. Nothing in the game responds.

Message 1 of 3 (189 Views)

Re: Game controll options become unable to click on

Champion

@SarahsShady77 wrote:

‌Please help me. Is a mod doing this to anyone elses game?

Sounds like you have the same problem as this other person, but you explain it better. Remove your mods and see if it works.

Then, you try the 50/50 method of putting half back in and seeing if the problem is still there or gone until you narrow down which mod it is causing the issue.

Message 2 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: Game controll options become unable to click on

Hero

Hi @SarahsShady77

moving this to the tech forum as it's most likely a mod issue.

Please try @simvasion suggestion.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (163 Views)