Game continually locks up in buy mode

by tamimica

Original Post

Re: Game continually locks up in buy mode

Hero

And you didn't put back any custom content ?

How did you move your doc folder to D ? Manually or did you use the method to tell Windows that the docs folder is now on d ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Right...no custom content.  Everything is gone.

I believe my computer came set up that way from Cyberpower pc...with the docs being on D drive.

edit:

Okay so I had this thought...it started acting up when I moved the base game to D drive.  I moved the base game back to C drive - which now is almost at capacity since its the smaller drive - and now it runs perfect.  I am going to put the rest of the games on the D drive and see how things work.  I thought moving it to the D drive would be fine.  It seems very strange it locked up.

Message 12 of 19 (233 Views)

Hero

Ok.

Do you have any crash logs (current) ? You'll find those in documents and the they have xcpt in their name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (229 Views)

★ Apprentice

No.  Don't have any crash logs that I can find.

Message 14 of 19 (227 Views)

Hero

Anything here ?

1. Click on Start and then type the following into the search prompt at the bottom: perfmon /rel
  2. Press Enter to proceed.
  3. A window will open and in there you can click on the red circles with a white X.
  4. After clicking the X, the info on the bottom will update. Choose the Sims 3 Critical Event one and right click on it and choose "View Technical Details"
  5. Now on the next window, choose Copy to clipboard at the very bottom and post this into a reply to us here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (224 Views)

★ Apprentice

Description The program TS3W.exe version 0.2.0.209 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel. Process ID: 914 Start Time: 01cf7953335fb6af Termination Time: 0 Application Path: D:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe Report Id: 1b236ea6-e548-11e3-9715-bc85560e99a0

This error was on 5/26

Message 16 of 19 (222 Views)

Hero

So no crash.

Could you try the other way round and try if you can run the game on the intel chip ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (220 Views)

★ Apprentice

I made an edit to one of my posts but I am not sure that you saw it.  

I actually moved the base game back to C and now it runs perfectly.  Almost better since I switched the game to run off the Nvidia card.  I am not sure why this is the case for it to work again with it on C drive.  I put World Adventures on D drive and still everything works great.  It doesn't lock up at all.  But now my C drive almost a full capacity..that was reason for moving it to D drive - hoping to clear up C drive.  

Thank you for all of your help.  I appreciate it very much.

Message 18 of 19 (457 Views)

Hero

That is indeed rather weird but I'm glad it's working now.

Happy gaming.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (210 Views)