Re: Game cannot load main menu-unplayable

by crinrict

Original Post

Game cannot load main menu-unplayable

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry Day, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, Moschino, Snowy Escape, and Vintage Glamor
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I updated my game and it started from there.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click to open sims and the game pops open, but the screen will flash briefly before closing the window. Every time I try to open the window it opens for a second and the loading screen before the main menu flickers and it shuts the window again, but the game itself doesn't shut down. But it won't load or stay open. I have tried repairing my game as well as restarting my computer, but no luck.
What do you expect to see? I can't play the game at all. I would like to be able to play without it shutting down.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated Origin and my game like it said to do.

enekadjs

Message 1 of 4 (209 Views)

Hero
@Violeteclipse17 What security software are you using ?

Does it close right away or are you able to get to the main menu and it closes when you try to load a certain save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (171 Views)

★ Novice

Mcafee. And no, it won’t even finish loading the swirling plumbob animation  

Message 3 of 4 (152 Views)

Hero
@Violeteclipse17 Could you check if McAffee is blocking Sims or Origin or has quarantined something.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (144 Views)