Game and Mods in different drives

by simkreator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game and Mods in different drives

★★★ Novice

Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching but I couldn't really tell if the other questions were the same as mine as I have very limited knowledge about technical issues. My question is this: would it be possible to have the game in a SSD since its performance is faster and the Mods folder in my HDD since it has more storage?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (773 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game and Mods in different drives

Champion (Retired)

@simkreator 

You need to move the entire Documents folder. To move the Documents and downloads folder see this: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-move-default-user-folders-new-drive-windows-10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (733 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@simkreator 

Yes, you can rightclick the game and select move. An SSD would mean a shorter load time but otherwise it will have no effect on the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (747 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen I already have the game on the SSD and currently the mods are there too. I would I go about moving the mods folder to the HDD?
Message 3 of 6 (737 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@simkreator 

You need to move the entire Documents folder. To move the Documents and downloads folder see this: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-move-default-user-folders-new-drive-windows-10

Message 4 of 6 (734 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Will the cc still appear in the game even though it's in a different drive from the game?
Message 5 of 6 (719 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@simkreator 

Yes.

Message 6 of 6 (681 Views)