Game Won't Open

by XNautPhD

Original Post

Game Won't Open

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The game won't open.

If I try to open it, the image for the game grays out, as does the Play button. After about 30 seconds, the game icon regains color but the play button stays grayed out. After a good 10 minutes, it suddenly tells me that Origin isn't open, and that I can't play Sims 4 without it. I can see the process in Task Manager but I can't do anything other than close it.

I've deleted and reinstalled the cache, downloaded the update given here, tried disabling 64 bit(I run 64 bit but who knows), disabling origin in-game both for Sims 4 and in general, as well as checking for updates, installing fixes, restarting Origin, looking for Origin patches, and restarting my computer.

Yesterday, I bought Sims 4 Get Together and installed it. I played the game for an hour or two before turning off my computer for the night. Today, first thing I did when I got on my computer was try to boot up Sims 4, but for no real reason it refused to work. I've looked through basically every fix and none of them do anything- In fact, the only one I haven't tried is reinstalling, which, with my awful internet, would take a good 30 hours of nonstop downloading. What can I do?

Edit: Fixed the name of the DLC pack I bought and added better details.

Message 1 of 2 (167 Views)

Re: Game Won't Open

Give these a try:

The game is grayed out in Origin

First you need to check if your payment has gone through. Unless your order says fulfilled, you won't be able to download. If you have issues with your payment, you'll need to contact a game advisor.

• Log out and back in
  • If you are on a mac, make sure you download Origin for Mac.
  • Check on the Status of your order to see if it has processed. If it still saysprocessing, make sure your credit card info is up-to-date
  • Restart Origin
  • Reinstall Origin
  • Start Origin as administrator
  • Make sure Origin is online (click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot)
    Spoiler
    original.png
  • Option in Origin Beta
  • Make sure the game is updated by right-clicking on the game and choose Check for updates (if possible)

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)