Game Shutting down

by Caturra75

Original Post

Re: Game Shutting down

[ Edited ]

@Caturra75 

You use Avast, a virus scanner that is not unknown for causing problems with games, and McAfee together.

Two virus scanner are not more secure, in the contrary, the are bound to disrupt each other.

The also could very well be responsible for the high RAM usage.

I would strongly suggest to clean uninstall one of them.

(I would look for a official uninstaller or to use REVO (freeware) if you decide to do that.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 31 of 41 (625 Views)

@Caturra75  I should have asked before, but is there a reason you have McAfee as well?  Between it and Avast, one does need to be removed: running almost any two antivirus programs side by side can and usually will cause problems at some point.  So if there's a reason to keep one and not the other, that makes it easy.

If you're not sure which one to keep, Avast is somewhat more likely to cause problems with Origin games than McAfee, although both are most often fine.  On the other hand, the free version of Avast is good enough for most people's uses; you may not need to pay for an antivirus at all.  The point is, pick one and only one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 32 of 41 (597 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict @holger1405  Hey there! 

I've already removed McAffe. I onyl had that app because it came with the laptop, so I didn't touch it sooner...

I've been able to play with no problem since I did the clean boot! :D

I think that was the issue. Yesterday I was playing and the came crashed, but I had Google Chrome open. I closed the app with the task manager and it resolved again. 

That means that I can only play with 0 stuff going on on my laptop? 

I though this laptop was better tbh.

Thank you so much for all your help!!! Heart Heart Heart

Message 33 of 41 (576 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Caturra75  It's still worth testing with Avast disabled, even if you want to keep it installed.  Whether it helps or not is useful information.

Chrome is a known memory hog, but you should still be able to play with it open: Windows is normally better about managing RAM use when resources are low.  I'd still like to know what apps are listed in the Task Manager's Startup tab, in part because I'd like to know what else runs when you're not in a clean boot.  The memory use reported in hwinfo is much higher than I'd expect before you started playing—for me, Windows sits at about 2 GB RAM right after rebooting, although I'm one build behind you.

It's possible that addressing the issue of extra RAM use on startup would help, but again, that depends on which apps are enabled at startup and what they're doing.  So please specifically screenshot the Task Manager's Startup tab, not the main one but the one that says Arranque at the top.

By the way, your laptop is good, it just maybe needs more memory.  (Maybe.)  And that's an easy upgrade, and cheap too.  But it might not be necessary, depending on whether you can get RAM use under control.

Message 34 of 41 (554 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Here you have it : https://imgur.com/a/TWUY4rQ

About the RAM, will it help about the heating of my laptop? 

Thanks a lot. 

Message 35 of 41 (533 Views)

@Caturra75  Wow, that is a long list of startup apps.  It's good that they're all disabled on startup now though—with 8 GB memory, you don't need all that running at the same time.  Just to be clear, does the game crash with nothing else running aside from Origin and Avast?  Does it crash with Avast disabled too?

Adding more memory won't help with the processor overheating, it would just alleviate the memory issue.  You probably just need to clean the fans and/or the vents on the case.  Given the age of your laptop, it's time anyway, or perhaps way past time if you live with a pet that likes to shed.  While your CPU is definitely running hot, it's only barely thermal throttling, so it doesn't need much help to go back to cooling itself properly.  If you clean the vents and fans and still want to do a bit better, you can elevate it while you play—get a laptop tray or put books under the corners or something—or get a cooling pad.

Message 36 of 41 (514 Views)

@Caturra75 

If you use OneDrive and/or Skype on a dally basis you can leave it enabled, if not it is a wast of resources.

What concerns me is this "Program" entry.

This means that either a Program was not clean uninstalled, which could lead to problems, or that there is something on your machine that should not be there.
Did you do a full Virus and Malware scan lately? 

If not do it please. > For the malware scan (The freeware version) > https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/ 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 37 of 41 (490 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict If I only have Avast and Origin running, the game dont crash. It runs smoothly, aside from getting hot. But do you want me to disable Avast aswell?

I think i'm gonna take my laptop to my city's computer shop, in order for them to do a cleaning in the vents and fans. 

I have 3 pets, a cat, a mini-dog and a cockatiel, so probably there is some hair inside my laptop... 

@holger1405 I did some cleaning in my apps, and that "Program" entry disappeared. Just did the virus scan and no virus was found 

Message 38 of 41 (457 Views)

@Caturra75  Okay, that sounds good.  Avast sometimes conflicts with Origin games, and not always, so if you want to keep it and don't have any trouble when it's the only other thing running, then you don't need to get rid of it.

When you go to that computer shop, it's a good opportunity to ask for a price on installing another 8 GB memory.  At the very least, please ask the techs to let you know the exact model (by serial number) RAM module that's already in your computer, because you'll want to get an identical one, or at the very least match its speed and timings, if you install more.  Memory is cheap, and installing it yourself is easy, but maybe it would be easier for you if the shop handled it.

And good to know that the virus scan found nothing.

Message 39 of 41 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Relax  , you will unleash your imagination and create architecture

paper minecraft

Message 40 of 41 (294 Views)