Game Reset and CC & Saves not showing up in game, but in files

by skytehotaku

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Reset and CC & Saves not showing up in game, but in files

★ Novice

So here's how it happened. I played TS4 last night, and left it running. The this morning, I saved and left the game. Then, I open it up now and it comes up with the "Welcome to ..." I press play and it puts me in CAS even though it had saved that day. I thought "it's ok" and I pressed hair. None of my CC came up. I checked the other categories and nothing. I go to options and view my CC. There's nothing there. Curious, I close it down and open my Mods folder. Everything is is there. So far, I have restarted it 5 times and repaired it twice. Nothing has happened at all. Everything else is intact except that it won't show up.

ty if you can help me!

Message 1 of 4 (2,928 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Reset and CC & Saves not showing up in game, but in files

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@skytehotaku  Are you using Windows 10? Did you log into OneDrive? Disable OneDrive (if you have Windows 10) and see if that helps.  For cc - do you have cc and mods option turned on in settings?

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,025 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@skytehotaku  Are you using Windows 10? Did you log into OneDrive? Disable OneDrive (if you have Windows 10) and see if that helps.  For cc - do you have cc and mods option turned on in settings?

Message 2 of 4 (3,026 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem except it still doesn't work when I turn off OneDrive. When I look my cc and saves are still in the file it just doesn't show up in the game.

Message 3 of 4 (2,702 Views)

@maddy121405  Leave OneDrive off, and move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to create a clean folder with no content.  Start a new save, make sure the game runs properly, save your progress, and quit.  Then launch TS4 again and see whether your new save is available to load.  If it's not, let me know, and stop here.

If the new save can be loaded, you can start moving your existing content from your old game folder to the new one.  Move the files in batches, making sure the game still works after you add each one.  It's a good idea to move over at least one save first, just to confirm that you can load it in the new game folder.  But don't save your progress in that save until you've restored your cc as well, or you'll need to reapply it to your sims.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (2,693 Views)