Game Redownloading itself for no reason

by Shockseed

Original Post

Game Redownloading itself for no reason

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Starting to make me real angry, I had the same issue on my other computer aswell when I lived somewhere else

Every single sims update, I update the game and then Origin suddenly decides that "Lets redownload the entire game!" I click update, the download bar goes from 0-100 in a couple of seconds then it automatically begins to redownload itself

Even though the sims 4 folder is still there with all its files. It even takes up so many gigs of space? I've tried everything. Repair the game, Move the game folder, Restarting the client, running origin as administrator nothing works. It just wont recognize that I already have the sims installed on the computer. I have an internet limit and it is very slow so I downloaded it originally at a friends place. Redownloading it at home is completely out of the question, and I quite frankly shouldn't have to. 

Starting to get genuienly angry. I've never had this problem anywhere else. The blizzard launcher, Steam, Uplay, GOG, Epic game launcher. Where the game just suddenly decides to redownload itself even though I have every single file

I WAS LITERALLY PLAYING THE GAME YESTHERDAY!!

Update: Attempted to restart computer and still the same problem. Absolutely unacceptable

Update 2: I tried opening the game from the directory itself with the .exe file but it says im missing Core/Activation.dll. I downloaded it, placed it in core and I still get the same error. Repairing redownloads the game, Updating redownloads the game and starting the game gives me the error.

Message 1 of 2 (619 Views)

Re: Game Redownloading itself for no reason

@Shockseed  Please list the full file path of the game's installed files, and let me know whether it's on an internal or external hard drive.  Please also let me know whether you have a third-party antivirus running, and if so, which one.  There are a couple that have been deleting Sims 4 files recently, at least some of the time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (576 Views)