Re: Game Play won't load but build mode fine???

by 107531kop

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Play won't load but build mode fine???

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hiya, since yesterday I've been having a heck load of problems in loading a particular household. I've recently started a Royal Game Play (incl mods & cc, I've checked those, but they aren't the problem, those are fine when playing another household in the same game save) and for that I've been building a Royal Palace (on the Willow Creek 50x50 lot), but since yesterday, whenever I want to load that particular household into gameplay it stays on the blue loading screen with the green thing turning and the tips/hints changing... however, it stays there for more than 30 minutes (haven't been patient enough to see whether it would load at all, normal loading time is a few seconds) and the only way to get rid of it is close the Sims via Task Manager and restart the game... Strangest of all is that when I go to the lot from Manage Worlds straight into Build Mode it loads within seconds and I can do whatever with it, build, save, you name it... but actual game play won't load. I also have another household in that game save (50x50 in Sulani, similar size house & also a 2-sim family, same cc used) and that doesn't  give any problems whatsoever... Please help with this cuz I would absolutely hate it if somehow I couldn't start my game play because of it not getting past the loading screen. (I've spend the last 6 days on building that palace)… I haven't yet tried to upload the lot to the gallery, or rebuild it on another (similar sized) lot and move the family to that spot...

After going through todays update & repairing the game afterwards (I always do that) it still gives the same problem....

Message 1 of 3 (1,127 Views)

Accepted Solution

@107531kop  Just because another household in the same save loads fine doesn't mean that your mods and cc are also fine.  You might have used a different cc item on one of the sims, for example, or one of your mods affected that household but not the other.  As an experiment, please move your Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and try to load the palace.  Don't worry about missing items—you can quit without saving.  Just let me know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,103 Views)

All Replies

@107531kop  Just because another household in the same save loads fine doesn't mean that your mods and cc are also fine.  You might have used a different cc item on one of the sims, for example, or one of your mods affected that household but not the other.  As an experiment, please move your Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and try to load the palace.  Don't worry about missing items—you can quit without saving.  Just let me know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict even without removing the localthumbcache it opened up straight away... so I've gone through all my mods & cc according to the 50/50 method and was able to fish out one slightly iffy package file... strangest thing tho is that in the other household within the same game save (which didn't have the trouble with loading) I used the items from that exact same package file in exactly the same way (position etc... functioning as a throne room, only difference being the colours)… but now everything works again, loading of the game play of the trouble-some household/lot still takes up best part of a minute, but that is expected from the large number of objects etc used in building the palace... thanks for your help!
Message 3 of 3 (1,081 Views)