Re: Game Launcher Won't Connect To Origin

by eemoore326

Original Post

Game Launcher Won't Connect To Origin

★★★ Newbie

So I've recently Downloaded The Sims 3 onto my desktop along with two 'stuff' expansion packs.

Before downloading the base Sims 3, I downloaded Origin onto my pc and created an account etc.

When downloading the expansion packs I also created an account on The Simes 3 Community and had no problems.

However, a thrid expansion pack I got (hidden springs) doesn't come with a disc and I simply put the code in online and it started to download in the 'downloads' section of The Simes 3 Game Launcher.

The problem that I'm having is that every time I open the game launcher, a pop up comes up saynig "Unable to connect to Origin" and I think it is because of this that my download for hidden springs keeps failing.

It also comes up when I open the game itself that inorder to connect it to my online account that I must have the latest version of the game and it tells me how to update it in the game launcher, but I cant update it because the game launcher wont connect to origin.

Any help is much apprecited Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (297 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Are you updated to 1.67? If not, download the super patch here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

I think from what I understand, that should fix your issue. Let me know how it goes Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (292 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ok I'll try that
What is this super patch? Like what does it do?
Message 3 of 5 (281 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Apogies for a late response, the super patch is 1.3 (or 1.6 maybe) GB which is will basically update you from any version and is a collective, accumaltive patch, if that makes sense. 

Just go with it. 

Message 4 of 5 (271 Views)

★★★ Novice

My game is updated to 1.6 but it still won't connect to origin. Any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 5 (264 Views)