Game Frequently Crashes & Something Wrong With Config File

by Shoarmapapa123

Original Post

Game Frequently Crashes & Something Wrong With Config File

★ Novice

Ok so this is the problems I face: The game frequently crashes and my GPU is at 33%load. I know that the load may be limited by V-Sync but I get the feeling that it's not outputting 60fps. The crash comes in the form of a frozen game so I have no crashreport. I do however have a lastexception file that's in the attachments.

So after anothe rcrash today I opened the config file to check for abnormalities and I found 2.

The first one: Number of cores displayed incorrectly. I have a Ryzen 7 1700. The config file says I have a 16core without HT (this is sort of true because AMD's form of HT is actually called SMT).

The second one: The amount of VRAM is displayed incorrectly it says I have 4GB of VRAM but I have a 8GB RX 480.

I put both the config file and the dxdiag readout in the attachments.

Are these optimalisation flaws or is this a problem limited to my pc?

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 5 (393 Views)

Re: Game Frequently Crashes & Something Wrong With Config File

Champion (Retired)

There are several RADAR_PRE_LEAK errors this points to faulty RAM. Likely only one RAM module is affected. So try to remove one module and test with just the other. Be careful not to touch the gold connectors also ground yourself (touch a radiator) to remove static electricity.

Run Windows 10 built in memory diagnostic.

You also have a weird setup on your Seagate HD it has three partitions which is fine but one of the partitions is assigned B:. For historical reasons A: and B: is reserved for floppy drives. This may give problems so unless there is a specific reason for this I recommend that the driveletter is changed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (374 Views)

★ Novice
Removing 1 ram stick will be hard for me because I only have one. Windows Memory Diagnostic came up with nothing, so everything was allright. Nothing related to the sims 4 is on my B-partition (except a backup). My partitions look like this:
SSD: C
HDD1: B,R
HDD2: D,R
R is a windows raid 0 array.
Only the sims 4 has these issues. I can play older games from the floppy era like the sims 1 without any issues and newer (and more resource intensive) games like ROTTR & AOTS(E) also have no issues at all. So I think that the drive letter is not the issue. Changed it to J just to check it.
Message 3 of 5 (365 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Two other games you have reports similar crashes:
Assassins Creed
League of legends

Since you have one 16GB RAM stick it will indeed be hard to test by removing one? This is a little uncommon as two 8GB RAM sticks generally is cheaper.

Please try to repair the game. Rightclick it in Origin and select Repair.

I also forgot to ask if you have any Mods or CC.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hmm have not experienced crashes with AC and LoL, the only thing I know is that ACIV crashed cause of putting graphics settings too high (thought my rx 480 could do that with intensive games from yesteryear, dumb) and the only thing that I'm aware of with LoL is accidentally pressing the power off button on my keyboard or something like that. I have no mods nor CC.

*EDIT* Ran it as an admin, played for 3 hours now had no issues.

Message 5 of 5 (349 Views)