Re: Game Freezing Up/Sims 4 has stopped working

by SantaFeAtBay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Freezing Up/Sims 4 has stopped working

★★ Guide

With this newest patch, along with several other bugs (can't cook/use fridge and taking forever to eat and standing around for several minutes before actually starting next action), I also have been experiencing my game freezing up and Sims stopped working. It will come back if I wait a few minutes, but it's getting more and more frequent and it NEVER did that once before this December patch.

It now freezes up during loading, when going to main menu from a save, and it's done it several times when my sim goes to bed and time is going into cheetah speed.

Like I said, SO FAR, it comes back each time. I have to chose the option to "wait for program to repsond" and it'll come back eventually. EA needs to look into this and fix it. I am not happy with this at all.

Message 1 of 18 (35,831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Specs look fine.

Try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 18 (41,470 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@xoChelleJoxo Did you try if repairing the game through Origin helps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (35,611 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After a big delay in getting my game (and I never got my email receipt or access to the Holiday Expansion I paid for), I am very disappointed to find that I cannot use build mode without the game crashing. The screen goes black. I have a 2014 purchased HP Envy with Windows 8, Chrome, barely used, so I doubt it is hardware.

I heard there was a patch to fix this. But I am a novice. I don't understand how to get this patch or how to add it to my game? I just installed it two days ago, it should already have the patch, right?

This happened after I split a household and moved them in with the Goths using the Manage World options. Everything works fine right up to the point where I try to make a purchase in Build Mode. Then crash to black, game freezes.

Message 3 of 18 (35,604 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am not very tech savvy, but this worked for me (so far, fingers crossed) as a fix to the Build Mode black screen freeze.

I went to my Origin Shortcut on my desktop. I right clicked and selected "Troubleshoot Compatibility." (Notice Origin, not Sims 4.) I ran the troubleshooter, then picked Test Program.

Don't press Next.

Go to Origin>My Games>Sims 4. Test to see if this fix worked. You should be able to Exit from the game, then pick Next on Troubleshooter. You will get the option to save the fix. 

I will be back if this stops working Standard smile

Message 4 of 18 (35,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes, Crinrict, I tried repair game. Unfortunately, it is still doing it. Frown Sorry I didn't see your reply until just now. I'm not use to checking this forum.

Also, littlemissgamer2, If you had to pay for the holiday pack, you might contact either Origin or EA (not sure to be honest) because that Pack was/is free to anyone with the game. My daughter got Sims 4 for Christmas, and the pack was free to her, as well.

Message 5 of 18 (35,581 Views)

Hero

Did you do all the usual troubleshooting steps ? Renaming user folder ? Start a new game to see if you have the same issue ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Please either use pastebin.com and put the link here or use spoiler tags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (35,557 Views)

★★ Guide

I cleared cache files, and started a new game. I've never heard of the renaming user folder, so I'm not familiar with how to do that.

After clearing cache files, it no longer does it when my sims go to bed (or while in live mode at all) but I still get it with load screens and going to main menu from a save (strangly, if I just exit the game, it doesn't do it).

I hope I did the pastebin right.. I've never used that site before, so this was what was in the address bar after I hit submit...

http://pastebin.com/eJZrQ12Z

If I did that incorrectly, let me know, and I'll try again.

Thanks so much for all your help, Crin! I do appreciate you taking the time to help me with this! Standard smile

Message 7 of 18 (35,553 Views)

Hero

Specs look fine.

Try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (41,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

That seems to have fixed it! YAY!

Now to get my saves back in there..... Frown

ETA: And holy smokes... does that load faster now! Even going to community lots loads faster again... It didn't load slow or anything, but I didn't realize how much a few seconds makes a difference of. Hope I keep that quick load times. LOL

Message 9 of 18 (35,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 10 of 18 (34,256 Views)