Game Freezes when creating Dogs

by OblivionSparkle

Original Post

Re: Game Freezes when creating Dogs

★★★ Novice

hi I'm having the same problem, the game freezes when creating pets.

Message 21 of 37 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Your Graphics are below minimum requirements. For some reason your CPU is not listed but I assume that is below minimum requirements as well.

Also your graphics driver is more than a year old. Upgrading it may help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 22 of 37 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I go into cas, I get to pick the breed of the dog, and then it just freezes. I thought it was because of my cc, but that was not the case. 

Message 23 of 37 (1,112 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Stefany100000

Like others here your computer is below minimum requirements.

Your Graphics driver are years old. upgrading that may help but I doubt that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 37 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi, I had the exact same issue and I couldn't seem to be able to fix it. If you chat/text with someone that works at EA you can ask for a refund- that's what I did and the refund went straight through
Message 25 of 37 (1,064 Views)

★ Novice

I've also had this problem. I just bought the sims 4 cats and dogs recently and I don't have all the packs. But everytime I go to create a dog it'll work for like 5 minutes and then freeze. Everything else works, the sims md it works when I just adopt a dog from inside the game but the moment I even try to Create a dog in CAS the game completely freezes and nothinv works but my mouse. I have a dell computer with Windows 10 that I bought maybe 2 years ago and it might be the same as the other 2 but I want to make sure because I was super excited to play the game but now I'm getting to the point of just removing it completely. I've put the DxDiag.exe in the bottom. Please help me figure this out

Message 26 of 37 (975 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi, I am presuming your computer is below the requirements needed (as was mine). Unfortunately your choices are to either carry on as is (and just use the cats) or apply for a refund. Contact Ea and Live chat with one of their technicians (they were very helpful for me). They will probably tell you the same thing as I have but it is always worth checking to see if they have any new solutions.
Hope this helped, abiscott106
Message 27 of 37 (960 Views)

★★ Pro

@MMID33

Thank you for sharing your computer information. Unfortunately, your system is under minimum specs for the game.

The processor is under minimum specs. 1.6Ghz. The recommended is a 2.4Ghz, specially for those using integrated graphics. Which this one has.

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers and turning off Origin in-game?

How to Find devices and updating drivers on your PC - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

Restart the computer, to help the computer refresh itself, and try the launching the game again. Just be aware that it may not play or play that well.

Message 28 of 37 (940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I need a little bit of help... here is my dxdiag folder (attachment)

Message 29 of 37 (863 Views)

★★ Pro

@uhm_im_tired

Your computer is under specs for the game. You don't have enough spare system memory to run and play the game.

When the pc only has the minimum of system memory (4GB) Windows and the game have to compete to use that memory. Windows usually wins and the game just won't play or won't play correctly.

You could get more system memory. However that won't help much due to the other parts of the system being under specs also.

However, you can try updating the graphics drivers, turning off Origin In-Game and playing in Windowed Mode to see if any of that helps.

How to Find devices and updating drivers on your PC - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Turn off Origin In-Game: Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

Restart the computer, to help the computer refresh itself, and try launching the game again.

Start the game in Windowed mode: In Origin > Games Library, right-click Sims 4 and select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options and In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay.

Message 30 of 37 (812 Views)