Game Freezes when creating Dogs

by OblivionSparkle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Freezes when creating Dogs

★★ Novice

I just downloaded the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs last night as it came out, and right away I had trouble with the CAS. The game runs perfectly fine when creating Sims and Cats, but when I try to create a Dog the game will freeze up, sometimes not even able to close with task manager. When this happens, I can still hear the music and sound effects in the background as if the game is wroking, but it's still a frozen image. I've tried repairing the game, and as I write this I'm reinstalling the entire game (If this doesn't work at this point, I give up. Because I'm sacrificing my sanity and quite a long time reinstalling Sims 4 Deluxe along with every expansion, stuff, and game pack I have (All of Them). I would appreciate anything that could help, because I've tried literally everything I can think of. 

I've already pulled out my entire mods folder, pulled out the sims 4 folders and made the game generate a new one, started it online and offline, repaired the game, restarted my computer, etc. 

Message 1 of 37 (8,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Freezes when creating Dogs

Hero

It's possible that CAS uses more power.

Your processor is below min specs for pets as you would need at least a 1.8 ghz and you only have 1.6. The minimum specs are very borderline already, especially if you have other packs as well.

4 GB of RAM is also low

What settings are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 37 (8,441 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @OblivionSparkle

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (8,470 Views)

★★ Novice

Of course, this is the DxDiag txt file. I don't think it's a hardware problem, as the cats and small dogs are fine, and the game is fine if I adopt a large breed of dog. I just can't add or edit them in CAS mode. 

Message 3 of 37 (8,467 Views)

Hero

It's possible that CAS uses more power.

Your processor is below min specs for pets as you would need at least a 1.8 ghz and you only have 1.6. The minimum specs are very borderline already, especially if you have other packs as well.

4 GB of RAM is also low

What settings are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (8,442 Views)

★★ Novice

On my current computer I play on the lowest settings possible, and in laptop mode as well. 

Message 5 of 37 (8,438 Views)

Hero

You can try updating your graphcis drivers but I'm not hopeful .. I'm actually amazed you can play this with all packs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 37 (8,430 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this problem, and I've tried everything to fix it. I'm finding it incredibly frustrating as I've been excited for this pack for quite awhile and bought it as soon as I could. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Message 7 of 37 (8,379 Views)

Hero

@tardisholmes

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 37 (8,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure. Here it is. I had a graphics problem with the Sims 3 Pets extension (all the dogs, cats and horses were just gitchy black silhouettes), and I believe it was that my graphics card wasn't up to spec?? I'm not sure, I'm kind of clueless when it comes to computers. I was hoping I wouldn't have any issues with this one, but hey, it can't always work out XD.

Message 9 of 37 (8,329 Views)

Hero

Hi @tardisholmes

you have the same processor as @OblivionSparkle so I'm guessing, same issue.

You don't fulfill the minimum requirements of the pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 37 (8,323 Views)