Re: Game Freezes On C-A-H Loading Screen

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Game Freezes On C-A-H Loading Screen

★★★★ Novice

When I attempt to use the dresser to plan my Sim's wardrobe, the game freezes on the "Create a Household" loading screen. I have two theories for why this is happening: my Sim is wearing her Art Appraiser work uniform when I attempt to plan her wardrobe, and this outfit has a glitch that is also preventing her from going to work. Or, my earlier, ill-advised decision to change her wardrobe several times in a row has now somehow corrupted this feature of the game. Perhaps my theories are wildly incorrect though.

FWIW, I'm running the Sims 3 on a PC with Windows 7. Aside from a few occasional crashes and lags, I've had no other technical problems with this game. I have no custom content and the only cheat I use is "testingcheatsenabled true." 

Message 1 of 17 (949 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@juegoconfuego   I like your theories.

What happens if you change outfit in-game by clicking on the sim, to everyday outfit; and then Plan Outfit on a dresser?

And while there, can you give your sim a new work outfit, and delete all other, except if you still have the original outfit left.

Message 2 of 17 (929 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had my Sim quit her art appraiser job, just to be safe. Fortunately, when I had her plan her wardrobe while wearing her everyday outfit, it worked! Standard smile 

Is there a chance that she may be offered the art appraiser job again? She's still at a Level 10 among the rebels. 

Message 3 of 17 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@juegoconfuego  I've never quit that job once my sim got it, but I found this info:

"Once a Sim has made it to level 10 of each Social Group, they will be offered each social group specific career. If you choose to decline any of the careers at the time they are offered, Sims can sign up for them at any time on their computer."

Here:
https://simsvip.com/sims-3-university-life-guide/

Do you have that option on a computer?

Oh, and I'm glad it worked out with the outfit!

Message 4 of 17 (849 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@DonroaAkashu Unfortunately, my Sim did not have the option to join the art appraiser career when she searched on the computer. I am hoping that if she goes down to Level 9 of the Rebels, she'll receive the offer again upon reaching Level 10. 

Message 5 of 17 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@juegoconfuego  Good thinking. You could also try clicking on the Criminal Warehouse, and see if the option is there. I just tried to quit the career, and could rejoin it this way, with a sim with Rebel level 10.

Message 6 of 17 (794 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@DonroaAkashu It worked -- what a relief! Thanks so much for your help Standard smile 

Message 7 of 17 (754 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@DonroaAkashu Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. My Sim was able to get her job in the art appraiser career, but the same glitch happened again. She won't go to work, even when she's in her default work uniform. I didn't create any other work uniforms for her, so I'm not sure why she isn't going.  

Message 8 of 17 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@juegoconfuego  The work outfits creates problems for many players. I would suggest you do the same routine again: change your sim into everyday clothes; then Plan Outfit on a dresser; give them an extra work outfit, and change them into that one instead. And variations to that: create an extra outfit, but directly delete it again; as well as toggle on/off the work outfit in live mode, by clicking on the sim.

Another thing you could try is to reset the sim's work building (the ware house):
Save As for backup (for instance: prebulldoze)
Go into Edit Town
Click on the building and choose Save to Library
In build menu pick the Bulldozer, and bulldoze the building
Choose the tab Show Community Lots
Pick the latest one - the ware house - and Place Copy on the same lot, and Accept.

This will reset everything connected to the building, so if your sim owns it, it will be sold back to the 'world'; and they will loose their job. They can buy it back, and join the job again of course, but the carer level will be reset to 1 (or 5/any career bisection, if that has been reached). But you just rejoined, so this might be worth a try.

Also delete the caches in The Sims 3 folder, found in Documents>Electronic Arts:

CASPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

socialCache.package (optional, if you use Showtime EP features you might want to keep this one)

I think the first one is most important for clearing any outfit cache, but they all regenerate each time the game starts and are safe, and recommended, to be deleted every time you quit the game.

I am not sure what the complications of having the testingcheat enabled is, but always make sure to exit it myself after doing what I aimed to do with it; and never save with it enabled. I also always use Save As, and never save with the work outfit on, but always change out of it as soon as the sim is under my control again. I never edit the default one. I always delete the cashe when I'm done playing. Let me know how it goes.

Message 9 of 17 (665 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@DonroaAkashu Thanks for these suggestions. I tried resetting the building, and that didn't work, nor did my changes to work uniforms. I'm hesitant to delete caches in case I accidentally delete the wrong file or folder. I'd never thought to turn off the testingcheat enabled before exiting the game. How would I do that?

Message 10 of 17 (605 Views)