Re: Game Freeze when resuming time

by anundeadphoenix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Freeze when resuming time

★★ Novice

Not sure if its just me but for some reason my game freezes as soon as i press the resume button on the time speed.

I tried to play it again and thought id just try, i could create my character no problem. Also i was able to build my house without freezes or lag. but as soon as i went into live mode and pressed the play button. The game froze. animations like the plumbob and things like that still moved. but i couldnt click anywhere in the world or ui.

i tried multiple times after restarts but it always happens. and im unable to play the game.

Hope you peeps could help me.

Message 1 of 5 (391 Views)

Accepted Solution

@anundeadphoenix  That's a great system, and much more power than TS3 needs.  One potentially huge issue though is your in-game frame rates.  If you haven't manually capped fps, your graphics card is probably working far harder than it needs to; TS3's in-game frame rate limiter is completely useless.  You can see the rates in-game by bringing up the cheats console and entering "fps on" without quotes.  A number will appear in the upper right corner of the screen; it should never exceed 60, the refresh rate of both of your monitors.  ("fps off" makes the number disappear.)

For an AMD card, the first tool to try is RivaTuner Statistics Server (free download).  Unlike other tools, it does need to be open when you play, although you can of course minimize it.  You'll need to set up a profile for the game, using either TS3.exe for an Origin/1.69 install or TS3w.exe (with the "w") for a Steam or disc install.  Then set fps to 60 and test in-game.

Starlight Shores isn't terrible, but it's not one of the better made worlds, either.  While testing, it's best to use Sunset Valley, Riverview, or Twinbrook.  And if you still have issues, see whether there's a difference in a clean game folder—pull your existing one out of Documents, and a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game.  A corrupted file or some bad custom content could also be causing the freezing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (360 Views)

All Replies

@anundeadphoenix  There are a number of potential causes of the freeze you're describing.  To narrow things down, it would help if you could run a dxdiag on your computer and post the results here (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the packs you have installed, and the world(s) in which you're playing.

Message 2 of 5 (371 Views)

★★ Novice

There, ive got all eps except for katy perry, i use the starlight shores map.

Message 3 of 5 (364 Views)

@anundeadphoenix  That's a great system, and much more power than TS3 needs.  One potentially huge issue though is your in-game frame rates.  If you haven't manually capped fps, your graphics card is probably working far harder than it needs to; TS3's in-game frame rate limiter is completely useless.  You can see the rates in-game by bringing up the cheats console and entering "fps on" without quotes.  A number will appear in the upper right corner of the screen; it should never exceed 60, the refresh rate of both of your monitors.  ("fps off" makes the number disappear.)

For an AMD card, the first tool to try is RivaTuner Statistics Server (free download).  Unlike other tools, it does need to be open when you play, although you can of course minimize it.  You'll need to set up a profile for the game, using either TS3.exe for an Origin/1.69 install or TS3w.exe (with the "w") for a Steam or disc install.  Then set fps to 60 and test in-game.

Starlight Shores isn't terrible, but it's not one of the better made worlds, either.  While testing, it's best to use Sunset Valley, Riverview, or Twinbrook.  And if you still have issues, see whether there's a difference in a clean game folder—pull your existing one out of Documents, and a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game.  A corrupted file or some bad custom content could also be causing the freezing.

Message 4 of 5 (361 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks it worked.

Message 5 of 5 (355 Views)