Re: Game Data Incomplete although No Packs are Uninstalled

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Data Incomplete although No Packs are Uninstalled

★★★★ Novice

Hi. I just updated my legacy’s mods for the patch and loaded my game to this. I’m quite confused as there’s no packs that are uninstalled. Is this possibly caused by removing a big mod? I’ve already tried repairing my game with no success. Please help!

Message 1 of 7 (344 Views)

Accepted Solution

@pinkyash10  If you can't find anything missing, then it's probably fine to continue playing this save forward.  But it's still a good idea to make a backup copy of your current saves, if you haven't already, just in case you later find an issue you didn't initially notice.  The entire saves folder can be copied elsewhere, ideally on an external drive or to cloud storage; for the latter, zip the folder—right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zip) file—before uploading it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (250 Views)

All Replies

@pinkyash10  Please start a new save and manually count the packs available.  The easiest way is in Build/Buy: you can look for items from each pack.

Message 2 of 7 (328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@pinkyash10  Please start a new save and manually count the packs available.  The easiest way is in Build/Buy: you can look for items from each pack.

I have done as you asked and I’m not completely sure. It appeared as though most if not all of my items were there, but some packs felt like they had a little less than I remembered. I don’t remember exactly how many items came with each pack.

Message 3 of 7 (302 Views)

@pinkyash10  It is unlikely that you'd be missing some items from a given pack but not others.  And besides, the error you're seeing suggests that an entire pack and its neighborhood are gone.  I suggested checking Build/Buy for pack content because not all packs come with worlds, and if you're missing one pack, you might be missing others as well.

When was the last time you played this save?  Do you have the Legacy Edition of Sims 4 installed now, and if so, did you have it installed when you last opened this save?

Message 4 of 7 (275 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@pinkyash10  It is unlikely that you'd be missing some items from a given pack but not others.  And besides, the error you're seeing suggests that an entire pack and its neighborhood are gone.  I suggested checking Build/Buy for pack content because not all packs come with worlds, and if you're missing one pack, you might be missing others as well.

When was the last time you played this save?  Do you have the Legacy Edition of Sims 4 installed now, and if so, did you have it installed when you last opened this save?

That is true. Maybe nothing’s missing at all! All of my packs and neighborhoods are loaded. The last time I played this save was just before the first Cottage Living patch. I don’t have the legacy edition, just the regular game. I really don’t understand why I got this error message to begin with.

Message 5 of 7 (261 Views)

@pinkyash10  If you can't find anything missing, then it's probably fine to continue playing this save forward.  But it's still a good idea to make a backup copy of your current saves, if you haven't already, just in case you later find an issue you didn't initially notice.  The entire saves folder can be copied elsewhere, ideally on an external drive or to cloud storage; for the latter, zip the folder—right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zip) file—before uploading it.

Message 6 of 7 (251 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

Okay! I will make an extra copy of my save and just keep playing. Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 7 (244 Views)