Re: Game Crashing after getting City Living

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Crashing after getting City Living

★★ Novice

Guys my game is crashing hard after I got city living. It worked for two days then started acting odd. I thought it might have been AMD Radeon software that crashed it because I had downloaded it months ago and finally wanted to test it out. Uninstalled it and still not working. Repaired the game uninstalled it and reinstalled the game. Cleared cache. Nothing works. I checked my graphic settings. Made sure they are not too high. I have cleaned my mods out and taken out the ones that I thought were causing problems. It worked a while after I took city living out but went off the lot to talk to someone it crashed.

I have last crash and exception reports as well if that'll help. 

Reported to EA Help but not much was given. I am confused but trying my best.

Message 1 of 7 (638 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SanaT1997282  Don't worry about the late reply, it's not a big deal.

For the missing mods, try the usual easy steps: make sure the files are in the correct location, i.e. the local version of Documents (instead of a file path that includes OneDrive), and that they're in .package format.  Check in-game to make sure that script mods are enabled.  If these steps don't help, trash the mods and download fresh copies.  If that doesn't help either, move the Mods folder to the desktop and let the game spawn a new one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (440 Views)

All Replies

@SanaT1997282  Have you tested with no mods at all?  If not, please do so now.  You don't need to save your progress, or you can use "save as" and rename the save if you'd like the version of the save with mods included to remain intact.

If that doesn't help, please start a new save, as a test, and let me know whether you see the same crashing.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 7 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it was the mods cause it ran fine after I tested it without them. Omg, I was going crazy for days, thinking I took the mods out that were messed up. I'm going to run my mod conflict program and ill post my graphs dxdiag soon. 

Should add city living back in and test it before doing anything else?

Message 3 of 7 (582 Views)

★★ Novice

Also, the Eco lifestyle end trail pops up everytime I log in. What's that about?

Message 4 of 7 (575 Views)

@SanaT1997282  Yes, you should test with City Living present but without mods, at least as a next step.  Let me know how it goes.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Eco Living end trail though.  Please give me a few more details or post a screenshot.

Message 5 of 7 (554 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict ok update ( sorry IRL stuff really busy)

Took out all mods that were broken or conflicted. City living is back in along with all the rest works like a gem.

Now my new prob is all my scripted mods are not in-game and are up to date. I have used them for a long time no prob that I couldn't fix on my own. The mods are Pose Player, UI Cheats, and Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul. Both are up to date.Idk why they are not working Frown
Message 6 of 7 (448 Views)

@SanaT1997282  Don't worry about the late reply, it's not a big deal.

For the missing mods, try the usual easy steps: make sure the files are in the correct location, i.e. the local version of Documents (instead of a file path that includes OneDrive), and that they're in .package format.  Check in-game to make sure that script mods are enabled.  If these steps don't help, trash the mods and download fresh copies.  If that doesn't help either, move the Mods folder to the desktop and let the game spawn a new one.

Message 7 of 7 (441 Views)