Re: Game Crashing after CAS

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game Crashing after CAS

★ Novice

When I select the house I want to live in right after CAS, the game just crashes. There's no error message that pops up. I tried troubleshooting and my graphics card is up to date (NVIDIA 528.24). I also repaired Origins and I reinstalled the game altogether. All of my mods and CC are deleted and are no longer in the files. My dxdiag is shown in the file attached. Please help!!

Message 1 of 6 (355 Views)

@noirkageboi  Please uninstall your Razer software.  If that helps, you can try reinstalling it; sometimes a fresh install is enough to clear up any issues.  But disabling the software isn't always enough by itself, hence the need to uninstall.

If that doesn't help, please try playing in a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

When you reboot your computer, go through the Task Manager's background tasks shutting down anything that doesn't absolutely need to be running, for example a utility like MSI Afterburner might still be active.  If you accidentally kill a critical process and it doesn't restart on its own, just reboot your computer again.

The one non-Microsoft service you need to keep enabled is the EABackgroundService, which the EA App requires in order to run.  So please do not disable it when you're setting up the clean boot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (341 Views)

★ Novice

I just tried all of that and it's still not working. I also reinstalled the Sims again and still did not work. Here's the screenshot of the last crash report.

Screenshot 2023-02-01 113716.png

Screenshot 2023-02-01 113650.png

Message 3 of 6 (289 Views)

@noirkageboi  Among the many steps you've taken, did you ever try simply playing in a clean user folder?  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If that doesn't help, please try playing in a new admin Windows account, again in a clean boot.  For the new account, make it local, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You won't need to reinstall anything, but your existing saves and other content won't be available.  That's fine and can be addressed later.

By the way, I can't do anything at all with an image of a lastcrash like that.  And anyway, most of the text is gibberish to those of us who don't work for EA.  If you do want to upload it, delete the xml stuff in the first line, or create a .rar file and attach it.

Message 4 of 6 (272 Views)

★ Novice

I just tried both of those. Neither is working. When i made a new account i couldn’t even get into the sims. 

Message 5 of 6 (259 Views)

@noirkageboi  What exactly happens when you try to play in the new account?  If you see an error message, please post a screenshot.

Message 6 of 6 (240 Views)