Game Crashing While Loading Household NO CC, Please Help

by enrevalxylime

Original Post

Game Crashing While Loading Household NO CC, Please Help

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday when I tried to switch households, my game crashed. I thought it was odd, but I figured it was just a random crash. When I get back into the game and load the other household I was playing (I have like 15 active households), it crashed. No matter what household I load, I crash when trying to play the household. I am a legacy player and have five generations of family.

Here are the solutions I've tried:

- Repairing the game

- Removing ALL mods

- Disabling all mods and CC in-game

- Re-downloading ALL driver software and updating my PC

- Creating a backup folder and trying to play a household on a fresh game (it does work when I play fresh)

- Trying to bring old backup files into my new The Sims 4 folder

- Deleted a massive amount of save files

- Marked every household as "unplayed"

When I pulled my save files over to "saves" from my backup the game began crashing again. I had SO many save files, so I deleted some. I pulled everything over from Tray. Still crashing. I have tested each step above by seeing if the game crashes after the change. Still crashing. I am going insane. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Re: Game Crashing While Loading Household NO CC, Please Help

@enrevalxylime  Just to clarify, can you load a backup copy of your current save in a new Sims 4 folder?  If you haven't tried, please use the manual method of restoring a backup described here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

If you've deleted the backups, please recover them from the recycle bin, if possible.

There are a few different known issues with saves crashing after the last patch.  They're all different, so pease let me know whether you get an error code, and which one (the entire code).  Hopefully these issues will be resolved in a future patch, so even if you can't load a backup, keep your current save and test after the next patch is released, whenever that happens.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (153 Views)