by crinrict

Original Post

Game Crashes when saving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version June Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, City Living, Seasons, Parenthood, Outdoor Living, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When going to build mode direct from manage world the game crashes any time I try to save.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes completely to desktop with no error codes
What do you expect to see? The game save
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have removed all mods and repaired the game via Origin. I was playing in a save file yesterday with no issues.

Message 1 of 4 (328 Views)

Re: Game Crashes when saving

Hero

HI @kmalo8 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just updated it with the file, thanks!

My laptop isn't the greatest, but really hasn't had any issues running the game until this point.

Message 3 of 4 (282 Views)

Hero
@kmalo8 Don't know if there's any newer graphics drivers for your AMD chip. That would be worth checking

Do you also have a lastcrash.txt file in documents ? If so, could you also upload that ?

Your computer isn't the greatest (especially the graphics chip) but I don't see that being the reason for it to outright crash.

Either create a .rar file and upload that or c/p the content to a post within spoiler tags

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (200 Views)