Re: Game Crashes and Computer Restarts Completely

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game Crashes and Computer Restarts Completely

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I don't know if there was an update recently, but the game keeps restarting my computer. I fixed the issue once before by turning on the vertical sync; however, that is no longer working. I was wondering if y'all know anything to fix this issue. I shouldn't be having these problems with my specs.

It doesn't matter how long I've been in the game. Sometimes it's in a matter of seconds of starting the game to 10-30 minutes of play.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel (r) Core (TM) i5-9600k CPU @ 370GHz 3.70 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

Motherboard: MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7b17)

RAM: 32.0 GB

Message 1 of 2 (164 Views)

Re: Game Crashes and Computer Restarts Completely

[ Edited ]

@TheMorningTea  If your computer is rebooting and not just shutting down the game, that usually points to a hardware issue.  Yes, your specs are far beyond anything Sims 4 would ever need, but you could, for example, have an overheating component.  The fact that vsync helped for a while, before it didn't, suggests that might be the graphics card—vsync helps limit the GPU workload, but only to a certain extent.

Have you checked your graphics card's fans to make sure they're working and not clogged with dust?  What about the case fans and whatever you have for a CPU cooler?  If you can't find anything wrong there, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  This will (hopefully) list the immediate cause(s) of the restarts, as well as perhaps some other useful information.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)