Game Crashes / Sims disappear /

by rosietorchhead

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Crashes / Sims disappear /

★ Novice

Hello,

I reported my case to EA Help Chat and they told me to uninstall and reinstall the game. Nothing has changed. I even had the same families I was playing with after reinstalling the game.

My game keeps crashing every 10 minutes or so, and my sim meets new people in town and when she sleeps she forgets about everyone. That's pretty boring. I need to save the game every 5 minutes and most of the times it shuts down and I lose everything Confusedmileysad: 

Shall I take it back to the shop??? 

Message 1 of 4 (189 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crashes / Sims disappear /

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

That's exactly what I needed, thanks. I believe your crashing issues are probably down to you having a slightly underpowered graphics card, which is either overheating or not powerful enough to run the game. I would suggest lowering your settings to the lowest possible. Unfortunately you can't do much about this, unless you're confident with replacing parts in a computer.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (159 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

Could you post a DxDiag report please? Instructions on how to do so can be found here:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you are having trouble pasting the full report here, try splitting it into multiple messages, or use pastebin.com

Cody

Message 2 of 4 (175 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, 

Firstly, thank you very much for your early response, that was genius.

Secondly, These are my results:

http://pastebin.com/CArhqZsc

I am not sure whether I got it right, It's the first time I use pastebin.com

Thanks again Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 3 of 4 (170 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

That's exactly what I needed, thanks. I believe your crashing issues are probably down to you having a slightly underpowered graphics card, which is either overheating or not powerful enough to run the game. I would suggest lowering your settings to the lowest possible. Unfortunately you can't do much about this, unless you're confident with replacing parts in a computer.

Cody

Message 4 of 4 (160 Views)