Re: Game Crashes Entire Computer

by elliebreton

Original Post

Game Crashes Entire Computer

★★★★ Guide

Hello,

My game has suddenly started crashing my entire computer, when my sim has been travelling in Selvadorada. I have checked the advice for this, but my computer is already 64 bit and I have no chance to check any RAM usage since the whole machine shuts down. It did happen once or twice a couple of months ago, possibly in the same scenario.

I have attached my dxdiag - I believe that my pc exceeds requirements, but it is getting on a bit (purchased May 2015). I do blow out the dust bunnies now and again, but it is possible something may be dying in there.

Before I go and splurge on a new pc, I thought someone here might be kind enough to provide some insight into a possible reason.

Many thanks in advance xx

Message 1 of 12 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey Ellie

looked through the code and saw that you are running TS4 on 32 bit which was the first version of the sims 4 in September 2014 and in 2015 they upgraded it to 64 bit on the 18th of October this year EA announced that they are getting rid of 32 bit before the end of this year so that could be your problem if your pc doesn't run 64 bit, if it does up it to 64 bit and check if it crashes then, another thing could be if you have a lot of CC (Custom content/mods) there could be one of them that doesnt work anymore so try and take them out and then see if it crashes. That's the only thing i can think of right now.

Also just because your pc is old doesn't mean you have to buy a whole new one you could always just upgrade some of the hardware inside your computer and don,t worry if your not good with that kind of stuff there are simple tutorials on youtube on how to.

Hope this helped Standard smile

―――――――――
✘ 𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙨 𝙑𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣 ✘
―――――――――

If you find me helpful i would appreciate XP Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (603 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks for your reply.

I don't understand why that says 32 bit, as I already have it set in Origin to launch on 64 bit. Could you explain what else I need to do please?

Message 3 of 12 (600 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Basically your PC is 32 bit and you have to buy 64 bit for your computer to run that so selecting to open sims with 64 bit wont work because your computer runs 32 bit.

And if you make your sims 4 run in 32 bit that may fix the crashes as well.

―――――――――
✘ 𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙨 𝙑𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣 ✘
―――――――――

If you find me helpful i would appreciate XP Standard smile

Message 4 of 12 (593 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I always thought it was the operating system that determined what bit your computer is running at?

I'm on Windows 10 64 bit.

So, is that not the case?

Message 5 of 12 (587 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes that is correct but it says that you are running windows 10 on 32 bit which isn't common but is possible so i'm not sure like if it says that your running 32 bit you must be.

Take a screenshot and show me what it says on this website:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/my-computer-details

Message 6 of 12 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Please see attached.

Edit: I looked again at the dxdiag and it says 64 bit right at the top...

Are you looking at the graphics mode? Isn't that to do with 32 bit colour depth rather than the operating system?

Message 7 of 12 (569 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@elliebreton 

For some reason your DxDiag was incomplete but I do notice that your Graphics driver is very old. Please visit nvidia.com to upgrade it. if that does not solve your problem please run DxDiag again and attach it to your answer.

@OrignVast  That the Graphics runs at 32bit color (128 million colors) has nothing to do with what the game runs. Only a few professional monitors can run with more than that. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 12 (559 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen Sorry thats my fault

Message 9 of 12 (556 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thank you @jpkarlsen I updated the graphics card and then took my sim to Selvadorada again and no crashes yet, so fingers crossed...

I will be a very happy bunny if it was something as simple to fix as that!

Message 10 of 12 (494 Views)