Game Crash on Launch + Screen Tearing

by gedavids

Original Post

Game Crash on Launch + Screen Tearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I have had these issues for some time but only just thought to post here as I play only a few times a year. I have no mods or CC and play the game through origin. Sometimes after not playing it for a few months the game will launch normally. Every time after that though the game will launch and instantly crash, and when I go to launch for a second time that is when it will finally play. So I end up having to launch the game twice every time to get it to work...

The second issue is I get a lot of horizontal screen tearing in my game. I am using a PC laptop to play sims 4 which I don't use for anything else and I use apple products otherwise so I am not PC savvy at all. I keep the NVIDIA driver updated etc but I get so confused when people start mentioning things like afterburner, rivatuner, vsync etc. I have the game optimised in Geforce. I use the sims 3 camera when playing ts4.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DxDiag attached

Message 1 of 2 (1,199 Views)

Re: Game Crash on Launch + Screen Tearing

@gedavids  Among the errors in your dxdiag are crashes of Nahimic, an audio technology that comes with MSI computers, and some others.  You can try installing the Realtek Audio on MSI's download page for your laptop; the version is newer than yours:

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GP63-Leopard-8RE#down-driver&Win10%2064

If Nahimic keeps crashing, you could simply uninstall it.

One Sims 4 crash mentions Nvidia software as well.  This can happen randomly, but if there are more crashes, the next step would be a clean uninstall and reinstall of the Nvidia driver, since you already have the latest version.

But before getting to that, please undo the optimization in GeForce Experience.  It's better if you set the graphics options yourself—one less thing that could go wrong.  GFE isn't as problematic as it used to be, but there really aren't any benefits to having it supervise your settings.

Please also enable vertical sync in the built-in Nvidia Control Panel.  (This only works in fullscreen mode, so please try playing in fullscreen, at least for now.)  Right-click on the desktop, select the CP, then Manage 3D Settings, then Program Settings, and you'll see this:

Nvidia CP program fps limiter.png

Choose Sims 4 (TS4_x64.exe) in the green box, then enable triple buffering, and set vertical sync to On (red box).

When you've updated the audio driver, undone the GeForce Experience optimization, and enabled vertical sync, please test the game a couple times.  If it still crashes, please run another dxdiag.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,154 Views)