Re: Game Breaks After Leaving Build Mode

by Mommax8810

Original Post

Game Breaks After Leaving Build Mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? it's up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. It only affects a specific one of my saves.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I exit build mode, all UI disappears except for the bar in the corner. I can't interact with anything, the live mode button disappears, the build mode button is greyed out. I am forced to force quit the game.
What do you expect to see? The game working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This only happens in my legacy challenge save, which is on it's 6th generation. I made a recovery of that save, and it still happens. It only occurs in that save, and not in any of my other unrelated saved. I removed all script mods, and I don't really want to remove the CC because I don't think that effects it. This glitch only occurs in one of my saves. I know that in the Sims 3 things would get corrupted over time during legacy challenges, so I'm wondering if the Sims 4 might have the same problem. 

Message 1 of 40 (14,490 Views)

Could you try letting the game make a new game folder?
- Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\
- Rename the 'The Sims 4' folder to something like 'The Sims 4 old' 
- Start the game, this will create a new folder.
- Test the game, if it works fine start moving folders from 'The Sims 4 old' over to the new folder. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 40 (14,415 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

i've been having the same issue with my game.. i exit build mode and i cant do anything with any of my sims... 

and idk how to fix it.

Message 3 of 40 (14,394 Views)

Do you have mods or CC? Could you test and see if my tips above your message work for you?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 40 (14,383 Views)

Hero

Hi @dolphinoftime

did you try  @Phantomlover1717 suggestion above ? Any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 40 (14,328 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 40 (14,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is doing the same thing, after I leave build mode it does not let me click anything or interact with anything. It won’t even let me save so I have to shut the game down. 

I have tried what you suggested and the game worked fine when the new folder created but when I moved everything over into the new folder it started doing the same thing again. It’s so annoying because I can’t even play my game. 

Message 7 of 40 (14,238 Views)

Sounds like your issue is in one of the folders, place them back one by one and test the game in between. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 40 (14,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

My game started breaking directly after the newest patch update 9/6? I believe it was... Either way, I have to use task manager to just close it at all. 

Message 9 of 40 (14,027 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue I have updated all mods and even taken them out of my game but no fix

Message 10 of 40 (14,028 Views)