Gallery thumbnails are all X'ed out

by lsnishi

Original Post

Re: Red cross through gallery items - could not locate

Hero
@ginovasims Happy to hear. Guess AVG is doing blocking something else.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 37 (964 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Status of the Gallery - ONLINE

★★ Novice

I did try all these suggestions besides reverting the update which I do not know how to do. 

I am pretty sure I use AVG. 

Message 32 of 37 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ihave7dads  How do you revert an update? 

Message 33 of 37 (954 Views)

Hero
@Kennapie_22 I'm not exactly sure how it works in AVG but it seems there might be another place the exception needs added there.

Can you post a screenshot of the added exception looks in AVG ? I saw they also have some hacker safety tool. Maybe it needs added there as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 37 (950 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict I honestly don't even know where to find that. I have never had problems with my sims before and I'm not that technologically inclined. I opened AVG but I don't know where to look. 

Message 35 of 37 (945 Views)

Re: Gallery thumbnails are all X'ed out

★ Apprentice

Just experienced this for the first time. I'm currently using Avast and turning it off while I play solved the problem. Will look into adding an exception later. Thanks!

Message 36 of 37 (937 Views)

Re: Gallery thumbnails are all X'ed out

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

Since the steps provided in this thread seem to have solved the issue, I'm closing it.

For those who found this thread because they're experiencing these problems: check out this great guide, Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods...), where you can find all the helpful steps put together in one place for your convenience. Standard smile 

Cheers and happy Simming! 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 37 of 37 (928 Views)