by lsnishi

Original Post

Re: [READ FIRST] Status of the Gallery - ONLINE

★ Novice

I am having the same problem its all since the update

Message 21 of 37 (1,015 Views)

Screenshots are blank and X through all gallery items

★★ Novice

My screenshots are blank when I take them and they do not save anywhere. I have tried un-installing and installing the game, repairing the game, removing the sims 4 folders, and removed mods to a backup folder. I don't know what else to do.

Also there are X's through all the game pack on the home page and everything in gallery. I have no idea why, this just started today after I played for a while. 

Message 22 of 37 (1,026 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Popstarpoppy04 Yes exactly!! I reverted the update and it worked then updated again and once again it broke.. Frown
Message 23 of 37 (1,002 Views)

TS4 Gallery Borked After Oct 6th Update

★★ Apprentice

Since Oct 6th 2020 I have not been able to load the Gallery, everything shows a big red X over it, even if it's my own uploads.

Also all Custom Content is broken.

Please read this next part fully before responding:

After the update I loaded the game, the warning "Mods are disabled" popped up, I know this happens after updates. I went into options, reenabled CC mods & scripts, saved and exited and then restarted the game. The same pop up was there "Mods are disabled" I tried the same process again and it was still there.

Next I moved the entire Mods folder so it was outside of the TS4 folder and tried to run the game. The pop up was gone, I created a new sim to test things and everything in game seems to work.

I then tried to add 1 mod, the no mosaic blur. And when I started the game, the pop up was back. So did the enable process yet again and restarted. The pop up came back!

So now I go into Origin and instruct it to check for updates first, there were none. Then I had it repair files, which meant it had to reload every pack, I have all of them.

And after all of that, with one CC mod in the folder, I still get that damn pop up and the gallery is still broken.

My partner uses a different computer to play TS4 and he's having the exact same issue, no mods, no gallery.

If its an area outage, I live on the East Coast USA. I run Windows 10 x64 on a gaming laptop. Please help!

Message 24 of 37 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ihave7dads Can you save screenshots properly or do those also not work ?

I also merged your post over to the current thread on this.

@Kennapie_22 Did you try all the suggestions in this thread ?

Usually it's an antivirus program blocking. What are you using ?

@corndolphins Are you using Avast or AVG ? They are probably blocking the user folder. See suggestions in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 37 (984 Views)

Red cross through gallery items - could not locate

★★★★★ Novice

Since the update on 6th October, anything new I upload to the gallery says 'could not locate this item'  with a large red cross through where the screenshot should be. It shows up in the community section as well with the red cross.

Message 26 of 37 (971 Views)

Re: Red cross through gallery items - could not locate

Hero
@ginovasims Are you using Avast or AVG ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 37 (968 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I use AVG. But it's not the best so I could change if Avast is easier to manage and also free!

Message 28 of 37 (966 Views)

Hero
@ginovasims guess it's best if we keep to the other thread for now. I'm convinced it's the same issue so getting one solved, should solve both.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 37 (955 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep using Avast instead of AVG helped, thanks again for everything!!

Message 30 of 37 (941 Views)