Gallery thumbnails are all X'ed out

by lsnishi

Original Post

Re: gallery - could not locate item

★★★★★ Apprentice
@kreatora Thanks for the info. May try this later!
Message 11 of 37 (3,323 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mooncake 

@lsnishi 

Windows Defender may have started blocking Galleries in some way after its update, and it has happened before. You need to add not only Origin but also the game to the exceptions. To add the game to the exceptions you need to add two game files. TS4exe file and TS4_x64 file. Each of these files is in a different Bin and Bin_LE subfolder
The path to these files in Windows 10:
My computer> C drive> Program files (x86)> Origin games> The Sims4> game (search for letter g)> Bin and Bin_LE

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security

Message 12 of 37 (3,288 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

All of a sudden the problem has resolved itself for me without me doing anything. I can now see and access thumbnails on the gallery and on other simmer's pages. The gallery still does not show creations with more than 99 DLs, but that's a different problem on a different thread.  I hope everyone else has found that the problem has resolved itself in your games. Hope I do not get this glitch again.

Message 13 of 37 (3,281 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you @kreatora ! That solution fixed the problem for me Standard smile

Message 14 of 37 (3,269 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Status of the Gallery - ONLINE

Hero
@ihave7dads Did you check if your antivirus/Firewall isn't blocking the connection ? What are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 37 (3,233 Views)

Champion

I had the problem too and it was a TS app that Avast was stopping, just say yes to it as I did mins ago and it all ok now, I can see gallery screenshots and take screenshots pressing C on my keyboard again : )

Message 16 of 37 (3,255 Views)

★★ Guide
@kreatora The first solution I had already tried before and it did not work but this second one did it for me so thank you! In my case though it was AVG so I guess a few of the virus protection programs got caught up in this.

It works now though so thanks for that suggestion Standard smile
Message 17 of 37 (3,242 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Status of the Gallery - ONLINE

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I did allow the Sims 4 through firewall and I deleted my antivirus and it's still not working
Message 18 of 37 (3,212 Views)

Red "X"s Through Gallery Items After Update

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for the Star Wars Game pack, Luxury Living, and Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure how to respond here
What happens when the bug occurs? Since the update, I am seeing red "x"s through items in the gallery. It's showing for most items, though I am able to view some correctly. I am connected to the internet and I am able yo upload items to the gallery and am seeing news that people are downloading and commenting on the item; however, the news box is grayed out. When I try to click on an item that has an "x" through the photo, it says Could not locate this item.: I have already deleted the notify.glob item in the game folder, updated my game version number, removed and reinstalled mods, deleted the localthumbcache file, tried to update and repair my game.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to view the preview photos of all gallery items and view all news items.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated game on 10/6/2020

Attached screenshots of gallery and profile view while connected to the internet in the gallery. 

Message 19 of 37 (3,232 Views)

Re: Red "X"s Through Gallery Items After Update

Hero
@kimberishrtcake Also merged this thread. Probably also your antivirus program blocking the gallery.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 37 (3,218 Views)