Gallery tells that house uses custom content

by SharkSimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery tells that house uses custom content

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I was about to upload a house to the gallery when it told me that I used custom content in this house, the thing is, I didn't. I looked to see what custom content was used on the sims tray importer, and it showed me that no custom content was used to create the house. I looked online and saw some people having the same problem and thought that maybe it was the sim I temporarily placed in the house. I then evicted him and to my surprise saw that the icon wasn't there anymore. My thoughts are that since my sims use custom content and I tried to upload the house with the sim in it ( it doesn't upload the sim with the house) and my sim did use plenty of custom content, it saw the custom content the sim was using and decided to show that the house was using custom content as well. Hopefully, this helps. Have a nice day! 

P.S, I couldn't find this problem on the front page (Sorry if it was there crinrict)

Message 1 of 5 (5,058 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Gallery tells that house uses custom content

Hero

When a Sim with CC is present on the lot has cc, the house is marked as cc, that's working as intended.

It's nice of you to post this but it's not really a bug so I'm unsure what to do with it.

There's several bugs with marking stuff as cc but this is not one of it but as you said, removing the Sim help.

Ï honestly don't know what the best place for this is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (5,293 Views)

All Replies

Hero

When a Sim with CC is present on the lot has cc, the house is marked as cc, that's working as intended.

It's nice of you to post this but it's not really a bug so I'm unsure what to do with it.

There's several bugs with marking stuff as cc but this is not one of it but as you said, removing the Sim help.

Ï honestly don't know what the best place for this is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (5,294 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there a way to get the CC marker off the house? Or do we have to go through and rebuild the house from scratch?

Message 3 of 5 (4,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @DarkDiamondSims

You should be able to load the house to a fresh save (no cc at all installed on your game) and then re-save it and re-upload.

That usually works for Sims, not sure for houses though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (4,543 Views)

★ Apprentice

In fact, I had done just that. Turned off CC in the game options, loaded the house and was then able to save and upload it without the custom content attached to it. Plus, had there been any in there that I missed, it would automatically be removed.

So if anyone else has this problem. Disable custom content in your game before loading a house to avoid having custom content included.

Thank you for answering!

Message 5 of 5 (4,518 Views)