Re: Gallery freezing

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Gallery freezing

★ Novice

Every time I go into my personal gallery and click the 'show cc' button (right under the advance tab), my game freezes and I have to shut down my computer. I've waited an hour to see if maybe it was just lagging, but it didn't do anything. I normally have lots of cc, so I thought that might be the issue; but, I've deleted all of my cc and disabled it in settings and it still freezes. I've checked for updates and there was nothing, I've asked friends if they have this issue and they don't, so this is my last resort haha. Any help is GREATLY appreciated because I have absolutely no idea what to do. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4 (694 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@slothlover888  I don't have CC, but try this. Read the whole blog info post before trying. Don't move anything back until you have tried in a new folder, and a new save, and a new sim.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Message 2 of 4 (650 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for responding!! Yesterday I had to back up all of my files to 2 different USBs (since there was so much), and I followed the forum. It still didn't solve the issue for me, so I decided that I might as well reinstall the game, so that's what I did. I unfortunately still have this issue, and I have no clue what to do. I currently have no mods/cc on my computer, and I have it disabled in my game. Once again, thank you so much for helping! Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@slothlover888   I am not actually sure I understand what you have done so far, sorry Standard smile

So I will try to recap:

Since you say that including CC in the search in the Gallery, and if by personal you mean your Library tab in the gallery from within game; then my thought is that you have a faulty CC file in your user folder. This is why I wanted you to try in a new folder, and to follow the troubleshooting step of adding back your files one at a time, or little by little, or by the 50/50 method, to see when the issue appears, and so perhaps figure out if, and if so which, CC you need to update/discard.

Have you done this:

Rename The Sims 4 folder located in Documents>Electronic Arts
Started the game
Created a new save

Opened the gallery
Checked the box to include custom content
and your Gallery Library in-game freezes; then it would help if you post info on your computer. Here is how:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you have moved back all your files from your old The Sims 4 folder to the new one I think another reason for the gallery being slow, besides the files in the folder Mods; is if you have a lot of files in the Tray folder (also in The Sims 4 folder).

Then exit the game, and move them out (to for instance your Desktop for safe keeping) and delete the cache folder in the Sims 4 folder, and perhaps also the onlinethumbnailcache folder, and then try again. If the screen does not freeze then, you can try to only keep a number of files in the Tray folder, and store the others in a safe place until you want to use them.

Let me know if I should elaborate on anything.

Message 4 of 4 (591 Views)