by jjaundice

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery doesn't show all creations

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's definitely a chance thing. I know it doesn't happen to all devices. I guess just look on the gallery on a bunch of different devices to see if all the creations are there?
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to see all creations on the gallery. Ex. Most of the new Sims that Maxis made for the rebrand.
What do you expect to see? All creations uploaded to the gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I switched from my laptop to my PC and suddenly there were houses and Sims made by others that I couldn't find on my PC but I can find on my laptop.

Read the description on this video.

Also, I had tried to submit this bug report yesterday but when I hit submit it just grayed out and didn't let me upload it.

Message 1 of 15 (11,644 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gallery doesn't show all creations

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jjaundice 

The answer to your issue might be as simple as changing an option.
Go to the 'Other' tab in Game Options. *Untick the option to 'hide reported content' and save changes.
Be sure to do this on all your devices.
You might have to exit the game and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.

Options.PNG
- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.53.115.1020 ReBranding Patch
All content installed thru Island Living
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (11,547 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@jjaundice DId you try deleting your cache files and repairing the game through Origin ? Do you see them if you check in the online gallery ?

What kind of devices are you referring too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (11,609 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I very frequently clear my cache - folder sometimes a couple times a day, localthumbcache maybe every couple of weeks.
I've repaired my game multiple times since I've noticed the problem.
I can see them if I check the online gallery but it really isn't that ideal for placing things in game.
By different devices I mean looking on different computers because on my laptop I can see some creations that I cannot see on my PC.
Message 3 of 15 (11,604 Views)

Hero
@jjaundice Are you using different internet connections on laptop and computer ? Lan vs wifi or mobile even ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (11,603 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm using the same network on both.
Message 5 of 15 (11,596 Views)

Hero
@jjaundice Moving this to tech for some troubleshooting

Maybe someone else has ideas why this is happening.

to be sure: Do you see everything on your laptop but not on your desktop or do you just see different things but not everything on both ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (11,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jjaundice 

The answer to your issue might be as simple as changing an option.
Go to the 'Other' tab in Game Options. *Untick the option to 'hide reported content' and save changes.
Be sure to do this on all your devices.
You might have to exit the game and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.

Options.PNG
- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.53.115.1020 ReBranding Patch
All content installed thru Island Living
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 7 of 15 (11,548 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm fairly certain I can see everything on my laptop but I know I can't see everything on my PC.
Message 8 of 15 (11,511 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen I'm not at home right now to test this out but as soon as I have access to my PC I'll try this.
Message 9 of 15 (11,508 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jjaundice wrote:
@EuphorialQueenI'm not at home right now to test this out but as soon as I have access to my PC I'll try this.

Some of my own creations (even Maxis Favs) were viewable on the web site but not on the gallery in game.
I was reminded of this option and it did the trick for me.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 10 of 15 (11,504 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help