Gallery all of a sudden very laggy

by Ciralias

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery all of a sudden very laggy

★★★ Novice

I started playing again a week ago (took a month break or something like that) and noticed the gallery is just very very laggy, i thought it were my mods so i removed those, still lag then updates my driver, still lagging.

I always was able to play on high/ultra, when building or playing the game i have no actual lag, just when i enter the gallery, and its getting really annoying because its mostly impossible to try houses out without the wait and the lag.

I got the latest update and tried reparing the game aswell.

Thanks in advance

Dxdiag included 

Message 1 of 12 (573 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Still gallery lagg 2

[ Edited ]

@Ciralias  Funny you should mention Avast.  A couple of the errors in your dxdiag list notificationcontroller.dll; these errors seem to often be related to an issue with Avast.  Before uninstalling it, you could try one approach that appears to have worked for other people:

• Open the Start menu, and select Settings
  • Click System > Apps and Features, and find Avast on the list
  • Select Modify, then uncheck do not disturb
  • Restart your computer and test.  To keep things simple, try another clean boot first.

I don't have Avast myself, so I can't check whether this setting is accessible.  If not, you can try temporarily deactivating Avast, just to confirm that it's the source of your lag.  Here's how to disable "core shields":

https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-shield-settings

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (475 Views)

All Replies

Re: Gallery all of a sudden very laggy

@Ciralias  Your hard drive is critically low on free storage.  3.5 GB isn't nearly enough for Windows 10 to operate smoothly; it should have at least 35-40 free at all times.  This may or may not be the immediate cause of the gallery lag, but it can cause all kinds of issues.  Free up more space, then try the gallery again.  If it's still laggy, please post back with another dxdiag.

Message 2 of 12 (562 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank u ill do that immediately
Message 3 of 12 (560 Views)

★★★ Novice
Looks like this fixed it thank u very much! I had no idea this could decrease ur game like that.
Message 4 of 12 (555 Views)

Still gallery lagg 2

★★★ Novice

Hey

Two weeks ago i also posted here regarding an immense lag to my gallery. For that time being my pc was low on gb so i fixed that. It got rid of the lag for a day or so? It returned then, not that much but still so annoyable. I have mods installed, removed them also and game was still laggy.

(i was always able to play on the highest settings and i can still play a smooth gameplay, just when i open the gallery the lagg is just so much that it frustrates me xD also when i click in the mainmenu on lets say a stuff pack, it takes a long time to show all the content in that pack wich makes my game also lag. 

Here's a DxDiag

i hope someone can help me in this Standard smile

(I maybe thought i was an update glitch wich made my game lag? not sure. Or maybe i should upgrade something on my pc.)

Message 5 of 12 (528 Views)

Hero

Hi @Ciralias 

I marked your first post as unsolved and merged your new one.

As it's the same issue it's best to have all in one place.

I'll check with puzzleaddict if they has more ideas.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (514 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ahn thank u very much! Appreciate it Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (506 Views)

@Ciralias  Hi again.  I'm sorry to hear the issues are back.  And thanks for the second dxdiag; it lists errors from a few different sources.  So the first thing to try is a clean boot.  This won't fix the issue, but if the gallery runs properly, you'll know that one of your background tasks is interfering.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Once you've booted, open only Origin and TS4, and test the gallery and the main menu.  Then let us know how it goes.

Message 8 of 12 (491 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just did the clean boot. Started up my sims 4 and the lagg in the gallery was still there, same in the main menu.

The only i couldnt disable in the startup tab was my Avast antivirus program. (ive had this longer then the sims 4, but if this could be the problem i can delete it)

Thanks in advance!

Message 9 of 12 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ciralias  Funny you should mention Avast.  A couple of the errors in your dxdiag list notificationcontroller.dll; these errors seem to often be related to an issue with Avast.  Before uninstalling it, you could try one approach that appears to have worked for other people:

• Open the Start menu, and select Settings
  • Click System > Apps and Features, and find Avast on the list
  • Select Modify, then uncheck do not disturb
  • Restart your computer and test.  To keep things simple, try another clean boot first.

I don't have Avast myself, so I can't check whether this setting is accessible.  If not, you can try temporarily deactivating Avast, just to confirm that it's the source of your lag.  Here's how to disable "core shields":

https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-shield-settings

Message 10 of 12 (476 Views)