Gallery Overhaul July 2018

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery Overhaul July 2018

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since we had a major gallery overhaul yesterday and some stuff is still not working, please use this thread to post.

I will try compile stuff that's happening (starting tomorrow, bit busy today).

I will merge all current gallery threads in here for the time being.

• The UI Extension mod is known to cause freezes. Please make sure to update 
  • Custom careers are also broken. Make sure to remove. 
  • Remove all your mods if you have further issues and narrow down which one could be causing issues.
  • If you get no results on your gallery when you know there should be something, make sure to change the sort by to newest instead of popular now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 165 (10,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Having Issues with the Gallery after 7/31/18 patch

Hero

I'm going to lock this post now as it has run it's course.

All possible problems identified have been summarized on the first post and the gallery has been stable the past few days.

If you have further issues with the gallery, please make sure to remove your mods and try without. Many are broken, not only the UI Mod.

If you still have issues, create a new thread.

Thanks for everyone posting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 165 of 165 (6,839 Views)

All Replies

Pets Downloaded From The Gallery Don't Work

★ Novice

I downloaded a bunch of pets from the gallery yet when I to try adding them to any families, they simply don't show up. Like I'll enter create a sim and go to my library and select one of the pets I downloaded and regardless if I hit add to family or replace family, the pets never actually load. I don't get any kind of error, the pets just never load. I also tried to go to manage worlds and just merge the pets to an existing family and it lets me but when I check the family after, they don't have the pets.

Message 1 of 165 (10,237 Views)

Re: Pets Downloaded From The Gallery Don't Work

Champion (Retired)

Do you own the Cats & Dogs Expansion pack? Can you create a pet in CAS/CAP?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 165 (10,231 Views)

Gallery is showing an error message and not saving lots or rooms to the library

★ Novice

Hey I've been having this problem for around a month now, but everytime I try and upload/Save a house that I built to my Library or try to upload it to the gallery directly an Error message pops up saying "There was an Error saving this Lot to My Library" it's not only been showing up for builds but also Invividual rooms and now it's not letting me upload sims that are already saved in my library to the Public Gallery. Honestly this is the first problem I've ever had with the Sims 4 and I dont know what to do, I've tested out going to different lots and the same error pops up, I've also opened a new savefile and started a new game and the samething happens... I had hoped the Gallery update would have fixed it but it didn't and now I'm completely lost on what to do and I'm getting super frustrated with the game... HELP PLEASE

Message 3 of 165 (10,183 Views)

New Gallery Update broken

★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry but this is broken now. I am trying to download a lot while in build mode to my library. I click the download and nothing happens...then I try to close out the popup lot window and it will not close. So I just get stuck with that window and can't get back to build mode, so can only use my task manager to close Sims 4. Task manager shows it as being unresponsive. I hope this gets taken care of quickly as I'm building a new map. Thanks

Message 4 of 165 (10,361 Views)

The SIms 4

★★★★ Novice

Hello

After the gallery update (7/31/18) I have found that when trying to place anything down from the gallery,the screen becomes frozen and I am forced to restart my game. I have already tried repairing my game, checking my mods, and restarting my computer. Nothing seems to work. 

Message 5 of 165 (10,162 Views)

Gallery Greyed out after exiting Gallery Window

★ Apprentice

Hello, Every time since the new update whenever I exit out of a Gallery pop up, the Greyed out screen behind the pop up still persists, making the game unplayable.I literally can't interact with anything after exiting the Pop up.

Just to clarify, the pop up screen when you click on a Gallery asset to get more detail and to comment on a Creation.

Message 6 of 165 (10,213 Views)

Re: New Gallery Update broken

★★★★ Novice

Same and I lost progress on my current save as it froze on the gallery and had to shut down Sims 

Message 7 of 165 (10,339 Views)

Re: Pets Downloaded From The Gallery Don't Work

★ Novice
Yeah. I have Cats and Dogs. I have multiple families with pets but ones I download from the gallery don't work.
Message 8 of 165 (10,158 Views)

Game Freezes in Gallery

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? View a lot in the Gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes when I exit out of a specific lot preview
What do you expect to see? The Gallery overview with all lots in the category I searched
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to today's patch

I was trying to place a park in my world and when I exited out of a lot preview in the Gallery, my game froze with a darkened tint over everything. I removed CC and mods and tried again, and the same thing happened. I tested it multiple times as well, and it occurs every time I do this. Image included shows what my screen looks like upon freeze.

Message 9 of 165 (10,249 Views)