Several Gallery Related Bugs: Can't save lots, screen turns grey

by PeachesPlace

Original Post

Several Gallery Related Bugs: Can't save lots, screen turns grey

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but: My First Pet, Toddlers, Fitness and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There's several bugs I want to report. 1) Open Options/Game Options/Other. 2) Click the "Save lot" button in build mode. 3) In CAS or when moving a family to a house from your gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) All the text says "Checkbox Label" or "Label Name/Text". 2) Clicking "Save lot to my library" or "Upload lot to the Gallery" won't do anything and once this window is open, you can't close it. I have to force the game to close from the Task Manager. 3) When merging/replacing a household in CAS, the screen turns grey and I can't click anything. Same thing if you select a household from your gallery to move them to a house.
What do you expect to see? 1) To be honest I don't quite remember. I think there's options to enable/disable mods.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Gallery Patch.

This is been happening since the new Gallery Update.

As you can see, inside Game Options/Other, this is what happens.

more buuuuugs.jpg

There's also another couple of bugs related to the gallery: if I try to save a lot from Build Mode, the window pops up and I can edit text but clicking any of the buttons doesn't do anything (eg: save lot, upload lot to the gallery or even closing the window), which leaves me no choice but to force the game to close from the task manager.

Also, if I try to merge/replace a household in CAS, OR if I try to move a household to a lot from CAS or your Gallery, the screen turns grey-ish and I can't click anything, therefore having to force the game to close. (I will update in a few hours with a screenshot of this)

My mods are disabled and I've tried repairing the game with no luck.

Message 131 of 165 (657 Views)

Re: Game Freezes in Gallery

★ Apprentice

This happens to me when trying to save lots as well. No mods, and I've tried repairing the game with no changes. I have to force the game to close from the task manager.

Message 132 of 165 (661 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a dxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 133 of 165 (647 Views)

Re: Several Gallery Related Bugs: Can't save lots, screen turns grey

Hero

Hi @PeachesPlace

this looks UI Cheat Extension mod related. Are you sure you removed that properly or updated ? Make sure to also delete your cache files.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 165 (632 Views)

Builds say I have CC when I do Not

★★★ Newbie

Since the update, every build I post to the gallery says I have cc and I do Not. I do not have any CC on my game or any mods. With this issue my Builds are invisible at the gallery unless someone has the CC boxes checked while browsing the gallery. My builds usually get 100 downloads with the most popular about 900. Now my latest builds have 0. 

Message 135 of 165 (602 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hello! I had this problem for a long time, and I found out that removing UI Cheats Extention worked for me.
Message 136 of 165 (586 Views)

Gallery Malfunction?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello

Whenever I go to download something from my library into CAS (not even the community one, my library) the screen goes back to normal CAS screen with loaded sims/s, but the whole thing is sort of an opaque black, (so I can see everything and the sim is moving and that) but I cant click anything to edit or even exit the CAS. Some times it doesnt even get to that stage, i click the tick mark, and then it doesnt do anything; it doesnt freeze or glitch because I can still move and scroll the info etc, it just doesnt go past that.... (This all happens with lots too)

I do have CC, but Ive taken all CC + tray mods etc out of the Electronic Arts folder, reset the game, and it still remains... I just reinstalled the game too, doing the same and nothing. Im just really stuck on what to do because I really just wanna play my game 😭

Message 137 of 165 (577 Views)

Re: Builds say I have CC when I do Not

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @AllyaSims4

do you have any custom pictures (taken with camera) in your builds ? What happens if you only upload a wall. Does that also show as cc ? What about your Sims ? Do they show as having cc as well ?

EDIT: I just checked the house you have uploaded and you have to paintings by reference that might be the reason. I deleted those and no longer showed as having cc.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 138 of 165 (569 Views)

Re: Gallery Malfunction?

Hero

@paigetewhe52 wrote:

Hello

Whenever I go to download something from my library into CAS (not even the community one, my library) the screen goes back to normal CAS screen with loaded sims/s, but the whole thing is sort of an opaque black, (so I can see everything and the sim is moving and that) but I cant click anything to edit or even exit the CAS. Some times it doesnt even get to that stage, i click the tick mark, and then it doesnt do anything; it doesnt freeze or glitch because I can still move and scroll the info etc, it just doesnt go past that.... (This all happens with lots too)

I do have CC, but Ive taken all CC + tray mods etc out of the Electronic Arts folder, reset the game, and it still remains... I just reinstalled the game too, doing the same and nothing. Im just really stuck on what to do because I really just wanna play my game 😭

This is usually caused be the UI Cheats Extension mod. You said you took everything out and it still happens ? Did you also delete your localthumbcache.package file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 139 of 165 (569 Views)

Re: Gallery Greyed out after exiting Gallery Window

★★★ Newbie
Same
Message 140 of 165 (543 Views)