The "Gallery Blackout"

by Soxes20

Original Post

Re: cannot save in gallery

Champion (Retired)

Please read this sticky: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Info-The-Sims-4-PC-Mac-Gallery/m-p/6957128#M119792

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 121 of 165 (634 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Origin is hosting my Gallery uploads under two different IDs old &amp

Hero

@duckiedeclan wrote:

Yeah, in fact I'm having more gallery issues than I did before. Every time I click on an item it freezes my game and I have to close my game with the task manager and restart it again. =(

Are you using the UI Cheat Extension mod ? If so, please remove/update

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 122 of 165 (632 Views)

Re: New Gallery Update broken

★★★ Novice

The updated UI Cheats extension is out now on Mod the Sims, you can find it there.

Message 123 of 165 (612 Views)

Re: Game Freezes in Gallery

★ Novice

For me, when I try to save a family or a house on the gallery, I go to try and upload and nothing happens. I can go and change the description and the title but I can't do anything other than that and I end up having to shut my game down and I lose all the progress I've made. It doesn't show a loading bar or anything, it just acts as if it has frozen but I can still make changes to the description, title, and in CAS I can change the portrait. 

Message 124 of 165 (606 Views)

Hero

Hi @BaekHunie

I don't have any issues currently myself. Do you use any mods in your game ? If you do, did you make sure they are updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 125 of 165 (604 Views)

The "Gallery Blackout"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? N/A
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats and Dogs, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Get Together, Backyard Stuff, Seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? After I exit the gallery (For Example CAS) the screen darkens and I'm no longer able to click anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the CAS menu, but instead it's just a darker version of it, and i can't click anything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? N/A
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats and Dogs, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Get Together, Backyard Stuff, Seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? After I exit the gallery (For Example CAS) the screen darkens and I'm no longer able to click anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the CAS menu, but instead it's just a darker version of it, and i can't click anything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Why is the screen darker after exiting the gallery? And why can't I click anything? This only occurred after EA changed the layout of the gallery... I'm confused, please help. 

Message 126 of 165 (583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly the issue I am having

Message 127 of 165 (578 Views)

Re: The "Gallery Blackout"

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Soxes20 and @kaemahon

if you're using the UI Cheat extension mod, please make sure to get the newest version for that. This has been known to cause the issue you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 128 of 165 (561 Views)

Re: Gallery Issues - Please post here

★ Novice

I’ve been having trouble with the gallery, I’ve tried to place down lots and it ends up freezing and I have to use alt+F4 to leave the game. Another thing is that I can’t save any households that I’ve made I’m currently trying to save a house hold but it also froze and I can’t click to leave and I don’t want to get rid of my sims. 

Message 129 of 165 (542 Views)

Re: Gallery Issues - Please post here

Hero
If you are using the UI Cheats Extension mod, please update.

@DDwhisker

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 130 of 165 (539 Views)