Gallery Laggy and Slow

by shannoncolexo

Original Post

Gallery Laggy and Slow

★★ Novice

Hi!

I've been having issues when trying to use my gallery, whether it's on the main game screen when you first load the game, in build mode and in live mode. As soon as i click on the gallery my mouse and cursor is incredibly laggy and nothing loads at all. I have tried everything I can think of, deleting the cache, trying it without and mods at all, reinstalling the game, uninstalling other programmes, disabling origin in game, lowering my graphics settings, resetting my Sims 4 folder and updated my laptop and checked if all my drivers are up to date, which they are. It is not my internet connection as it works when I was reinstalling my game and checking my connection speed just in case. I am also pretty certain that it probably won't be my laptop specs either as I have the minimum requirements to run the game, and this issue only started happening yesterday, before then the gallery was working perfectly. I have also attached my DxDiag just incase there is a problem. I have literally tried everything and I have no clue what else to do.

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 2 (4,141 Views)

Re: Gallery Laggy and Slow

Hero (Retired)
@shannoncolexo

Although there are reported some errors in the Windows system, I don't think that it is causing a problem with the Gallery.
The most common reason, in this case, is either an overloaded or bugged Tray folder - your library. Corrupted files in the game folder that are responsible for connecting to the Gallery can also cause this.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder with the empty Tray.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
If you don't have mods and CC skip next step
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (4,114 Views)