Gallery Issues

by Lizzychicago

Original Post

Gallery Issues

★★★★ Novice

Is anyone else noticing that builds you've uploaded to the gallery and have been downloaded by others are suddenly showing that they've not been uploaded and there are no downloads? I've noticed this happening all the time lately! Not all builds but most. I just had to reupload half a dozen builds I've done in the past few months because they were showing that they hadn't been posted to the gallery and all the downloads by other players were gone. I re-upload them and now people are downloading them again. This is infuriating! Mostly because I'm very excited when I see people downloading my builds, it's the entire reason I build and upload!

Message 1 of 8 (364 Views)

Re: Gallery Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Lizzychicago 

How did you find that these houses were not sent to the Gallery?
1. Have they disappeared from your catalog? Did you check if these houses are visible as uploaded in the On-line Gallery?
In the first case, your connection status in the game folder is damaged. These houses are still in your catalog and Gallery, but you can not see them. This can be repaired making the factory reset of the game as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

2. Did these homes remain in your library and you could see that they are not being sent?
In the second case, it is the bug reported here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Uploaded-gallery-content-not-being-shown-as-shared...
Go to the first post in this link and click ME TOO

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I go into my library, certain builds that I have previously uploaded to the gallery suddenly have no downloads, like nobody has downloaded them. When I know people have. And it is as if I just saved it to my library and not made it public. Does that make sense?

Message 3 of 8 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Lizzychicago.

Only what you see in your library has no downloads. You must go to your profile in the Gallery and open the catalog. In the catalog, you will see these houses and the number of downloads. Click on your name in the Gallery - it will take you to your profile.
If you can not open the Gallery - for some reason - enter Gallery Online
https://www.ea.com/pl-pl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_n...
Select the "EA ID" option in the search box and enter your nickname used in the Gallery.

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah that link isn't in English and the gallery doesn't work for me online. Hasn't for over a year. Just get the time wheel thing and it goes round and round and round for as long as I care to sit there and watch it. lol Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 8 (322 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay I did get into it via the link...thank you. Didn't work at first. Good thing I know what to do 'cos I don't speak that language though I should 'cos I'm both Russian and Polish!

Message 6 of 8 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Lizzychicago

Have you found your uploaded houses there?

To fix the connection to Gallery you have to do the factory reset of the game folder but paste into the new game folder only "saves" and Tray folders plus TrayDeleteItems file. Nothing more

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

By the way - If you have too many objects in the Tray folder, it makes it difficult to connect to Gallery

Message 7 of 8 (309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to my original works now. It's actually my first time to have a lot of downloads and I was on the 2nd place of the latest popular rooms, but now I cannot see my work on the online gallery it's not visible anymore for other players to download (but it's visible on my catalog but I guess not on public). I actually caught one player uploaded my work, not even a single change of anything it's my original work. It's not fair because I spent a lot of money for this game and I thought I would be enjoying sharing stuffs and was actually excited and happy that for the first time I have a lot of downloads and then suddenly it's gone.

Message 8 of 8 (227 Views)