Gallery - Could not locate this item

by MicMokum

Original Post

Re: Gallery - Could not locate this item

★★ Novice
This fixed something that's been bugging me for a long time. Thank you!
Message 11 of 30 (4,045 Views)

★★ Novice

Did all that and it still doesn't work for me

Message 12 of 30 (3,847 Views)

Hero

Hi @CosmicTurtle200 

what kind of Antivirus/Firewall are you using ? Is it the case for all items or only certain ones ?

This thread is a bit old and lots of folks have made suggestions so it's best if you could give a bit more info on what you've tried in detail and maybe a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 30 (3,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's for all online items

I don't use cc

Disabled all firewall and anti virus for the Sims 4 folder it worked earlier in the day(about 2-4 hours) I haven't restarted my computer and one post I saw said waiting helped so that's what I'm doing

If it won't work I'll try a clean reinstall of the game 

Edit: Online gallery items
No problems for offline/downloaded items

Posts Merged by CM 

Message 14 of 30 (3,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @CosmicTurtle200 

did you try clearing Origin Cache as well as Sims Cache: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/ ?

You can also try

• Restart your router
  • Repair the game through Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 30 (3,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks will try that when I get home

Update: yes thank you it works fine now

Posts merged by CM

Message 16 of 30 (3,807 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 30 (3,773 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have just encountered this issue I have tried it without all my build/buy cc and with it. I have tried clearing my cache, my origin cache, as well as repairing. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling the game. I only have one lot affected by this and it's driving me nuts. I am just trying to save it to my library not even using online features. Is there a known cause for this or a solution? I have tried everything in this thread and have been trying to solve this for the entirety of today.

Message 18 of 30 (3,479 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Abradley745 - Are you running the Legacy Edition or have you patched TS4? Since you've cleared caches & repaired already, please check your antivirus and firewall settings and make sure that Origin and TS4 are added into the exception lists.

I notice that the lot you're trying to save is marked as "modded". There's likely some cc or mods that need to be updated after the latest patch. I suggest that you reset your game folders as described here: Resetting the game to factory defaults without reinstalling

After checking all your cc and mods, you will need to check with the creators to see if they have updated any that are incompatible. Hope this helps - Good luck!

Message 19 of 30 (3,463 Views)

★★★ Guide

Nope, i play in 64 bit. I tried it without cc as well and had the same issue as stated above. It was only that lot as well. All my mods when i tried with them were ones that had been updated. The game had been patch. I also tried factory resetting and it too did nothing.  Game runs fine, can save any other lot but it. As stated many times i tried without cc, i tried with, I tried disabling my firewall as suggested in the post. The lot is just corrupt. And at this point after 12 hour straight of trying... i just don't care anymore. I'm just going to enjoy the save as it has meaning and value to me. Thanks.

Message 20 of 30 (3,458 Views)