Gallery - Could not locate this item

by MicMokum

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Gallery - Could not locate this item

★★★★ Novice

Dear technical support,

I cannot use any items from the online galleries in The Sims 4. The local "My Library" is the only part of the Gallery that works as it should. 

The items in the Community and personal ("Username") parts of the Gallery are all not visible. There are tiles with an orange-red cross on it. The tiles are clickable, but then you'll get the message "Could not locate this item". (see attached screenshot)

Things I've tried so far... (but didn't help)

- restarting the game

- restarting the computer

- verifying the game from the Steam client

- renaming the Sims folders in the My Documents folder (to *.OLD)

- uninstalling and re-installing the game

- deleting the Sims folder in the My Documents folder

Some additional information...

- I'm running the game on a brand new laptop.

- All other applications are working just fine. 

- I did not use any cheats on this installment.

- I'm not using any Mods or Custom Content. 

I think it's a cloud issue. 

Please help!

Thanks,

MicMokum

Message 1 of 30 (45,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gallery - Could not locate this item

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I had the exact same problem, however I didn't know how to allow Origin through antivirus (which is the same as yours, Panda, 2016)

However, if you go on Antivirus and scroll down to EXCLUSIONS, there will be a box with the heading "files and folders."  Choose origin and it should allow it. Hope it works Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 30 (47,130 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Come to think of it, I did use the "FPS ON" cheat. Standard smile 

Message 2 of 30 (45,005 Views)

Hero

Hi @MicMokum

this usually happens if your firewall/antivirus is blocking the connection to thesims.com. Try allowing the site as well as origin.com, origin.exe and ts4_64.exe

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 30 (44,988 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks Crinrict. A firewall issue makes perfect sense. 

Both exe's are allowed outgoing to all ports and all IP-addresses by the firewall. And even if I turn the firewall off, the problem stays.

However, when I turn the anti-virus off, then the Gallery does work. (Tested with firewall turned on and turned off, both worked). 

Obviously turning off the anti-virus software, isn't an option. So this has to be tweaked. Any suggestions on that? I'm using Panda Global Protection 2016. 

Thanks once more,

MM

Message 4 of 30 (44,985 Views)

Hero

Don't know that at all but I'm sure there's an option to add exceptions somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 30 (44,977 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I had the exact same problem, however I didn't know how to allow Origin through antivirus (which is the same as yours, Panda, 2016)

However, if you go on Antivirus and scroll down to EXCLUSIONS, there will be a box with the heading "files and folders."  Choose origin and it should allow it. Hope it works Standard smile

Message 6 of 30 (47,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi! I'm having this same exact problem and I'm not sure how to fix it? How did you end up fixing yours? Thank you!!
Message 7 of 30 (44,864 Views)

Hero

Did you check if your Antivirus Software is blocking the connection ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 30 (44,856 Views)

★ Novice

How do you do that?

Message 9 of 30 (39,774 Views)

Hero

Depends what software you are using. You often get messages from the software you can check in a log when they block something. Or you can try adding exceptions for thesims4.com, ts4_64.exe, origin.exe and origin.com and see if it works then.

Turning off your security software temporarily is also an option but if you do that, make sure not to go to any other sites while they're off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (39,767 Views)